Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > US Northeast > Mass Bay Sailors
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2008

DrB will become famous soon enough
Cruising Ideas - Summer 2008

Fellow MA Sailor's.

We just got a sailboat last year in June and did only day sails with it. We are still fairly novice with our new-to-us boat, This summer, I am looking for a few Overnight/Destination type of sails ideas so we can start getting experience withe extended cruising trips.

Two Destination Idea Sails that I looking for suggestions on:

Overnight: Basically leave Salem Harbor, sail for 6 to 7 h, moor or dock somewhere, then sail back the next day.

Multi-day/Extended Weekend: 3 day, Same as above but maybe sail to Destination 1 on Day 1, Day 2, destination 2, and then Day 3 return.

I think Boston Harbor From Salem is a good overnight. But looking for other ideas that would make for a nice cruise and get us more comfortable with extended cruising. Is Provincetown or say the South Shore doable in our time constraints? How about the Isle of Shoals?

Thanks in advance.

Drb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 04-14-2008

sonofasonofasailer456 is on a distinguished road
newburyport,isle of shoals,portsmouth,kittery,ogunquit
Old 04-15-2008

Destiny40 is on a distinguished road
take a look at the Eldredge Tide Book and see if you can go through the canal and then sail to Mathas Vinyard......Edgartown or Vinyard Haven are great...
Old 04-21-2008

Herreshoff01 is on a distinguished road
Posted on the other forum - but here as well:

Try the different harbors along the south shore - Cohasset, Scituate, North/south river, Green harbor, Plymouth/Duxbury, or even down to Barnstable. All are day sails inside Mass/Cape cod Bay - good weekend overnighters. All have pretty good facilities - and things to do off the boat as well. A good reference is the the US Power Squadron Site for MA -www.boatingguidetoamerica.com/index.cfm?doc=Boating_Guide_to_America:State_MA

Others mentioned through the canal - I always hit some of the harbors just on the other side (onset, Sippy, etc.) - and some are close enough to be considered day trips. - See:Welcome to SouthCoastNavigator, your #1 boating source!
Old 04-22-2008

Destiny40 is on a distinguished road
Endevour E-40

Hello everyone, I am looking for some info on measurments about the Endevour. Maybe an Endevour owner will read this and have an answer or two for me... this is my question. I am planning to put my vessell on the hard next winter and I would like to know the height from the ground to the top of the cabin... If anyone could help me with this I would be very greatful. I have made a post on the Endeavour web site, lots of looks but no answers... HELP... Thanks, Jim
Old 04-22-2008
Larus Marinus

Idiens is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny40 View Post
Hello everyone, I am looking for some info on measurments about the Endevour.
Jim - You need to start a new thread, rather than hiding your question inside a different topic.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.