SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Looking for sailing buddies..

5K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Vince1972M34 
#1 ·
Hello All... I am searching for local people that wish to day sail and/or cruise out of lovely Manchester, MA. I am a semi-retired military aviator ( I can explain the "semi" part..lol), as well as a local business owner. I make my own hours and FINALLY have free time to sail... my biggest "problem" is getting ppl to go... 'specially during the week, short notice, etc. Gender is not an issue but I freely admit I would love to find that special lady. I am an extremely experienced and accomplished sailor and would enjoy sailing with folks from novice to expert... ENTHUSIASM is a must! I am NOT looking for remuneration of ANY sort, i.e. splitting expenses, etc. I thrive on interesting conversation and sharing common interests would be a big plus. I love flying GA (general avaiation), my dogs, horses, my scarlet macaw "Spinnaker", martial arts (teaching & practicing), cooking, GOOD wine and politics... to name a few. I am NOT experienced at posting on SailNet so I am not sure if I may post my contact info., etc. Further, I didn't intend for this to have the "ring" of a personal ad, so I do apologize if I have offended anybody...I, truly, want to meet locals to sail with! Peace, Health, Happiness and yours for a fair tide,
I am, Sincerely,
Vincent

#2 ·
Clarity

FYI... for the sake of "full disclosure".. I DO OWN and Operate "Dream Catcher Charters" (which I believe is in my profile). Dream Catcher Charters (for sailing, fishing/diving and flying) is becoming DreamCatcherEnterprise dot org.... It is a multi-faceted, non-profit program to benefit "at risk" youth. The sailing program includes a rigid training regimen aboard a schooner. Please, understand that my initial post was in NO WAY related to any commercial pursuits or to "network" or solicit anything. I am just looking to meet new people and sail locally aboard my Morgan 34. I should have mentioned it in my initial post but it didn't occur to me as I never have "hidden agendas" or "ulterior motives".. my mind just isn't wired that way, however, I do apologize if it was a cause for concern. Thanks for reading my post and I hope to hear from some of you soon! Be well. Regards,
Vincent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.