Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Mirage
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009

ahab211 is on a distinguished road
sealant

I used the GE ultraglaze sealant on my windows for a C@C24. It was highly recommended and worked well. I didn't have to replace the gaskets and it's held well. I tried the 3M 5200 sealant and it leaked like a sieve. The ultraglaze was messy to work with but with some turpentine the black goo cleaned up well. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2009

Fonkamex is on a distinguished road
Thanks waverider, the Mirage 24 was very nice, she is almost ready to sail, but I want to see more boats before I take a choice. Now I saw another boat, very similar, the C&C 25, she is $4500 and ready to sail (I going to visit the boat this week-end). I know they are almost the same models. What's different? What's the best boat?
Old 02-24-2009
Old Sailor

Whissell is on a distinguished road
Hi Fonkamex:

We have a Mirage 25, We've done many changes with her, If you like a large open concept check them out. We downsided from a C&C35 Mark III to the Mirage 25and am very happy with her layout and performance, she is a good seaworthy vessell. Don't fret about the twin mainsheets on her it can easily be changed to a windward traveller in the cockpit, We've done it. Improved performance immensely.

Oldsailor
Old 02-25-2009

Fonkamex is on a distinguished road
My last week

Hello again,

This is my last week for take a choice. I have been looking for many differents sailboats, but finally I'm considering only 2 of them: the Alberg 22' and the Mirage 24'.

Take a choice is pretty hard to me: the first one is a little bit more expensive than the second one. The Alberg 22' is classic and solid. The Mirage 24' is faster and modern design.

This WE I have to visit the Alberg 22' far from Montreal and then I going to take a decision.

Because both of them are relatively cheap boats (CD$5000 - CD$6000) I'll don't take a survey.....

Thanks for your advice

Fair wind!

Last edited by Fonkamex; 02-25-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-25-2009

M275sailer is on a distinguished road
I was torn between classic and modern before buying my M275. I love the albergs too. If ever I sell the Mirage I will go with an alberg. It would be nice to have something on a trailer to reduce yard fees. Do you like to go fast or smell the roses. Two nice boats but opposite.
Old 02-25-2009
Old Sailor

Fonkamex

Please, please don't buy a boat with out a survey. Speaking from experience........most reliable insurance companies will eventually demand one anyway, do it now while she's out of the water...It could save you from a very bad investment and tons of headaches !

oldsailor
Old 02-25-2009
Old Sailor

Hi M275 Sailor

Are you thinking about selling her ? Seriously ? I am a Sudbury resident and am looking for a Mirage 275...Let me know..

oldsailor
Old 02-26-2009

M275sailer is on a distinguished road
Whissell, we have had our eye on a cottage and I have her listed on Kijiji in Toronto. I am in Sudbury as well and I keep her in Killarney. Someone named oldsailor made an enquiry so if it was you, this is the same boat. I love this boat and I'm not sure I want to give her away yet but I don't have the time or money to keep a cottage and boat. I'm not even sure I want to try and sell a boat in this market anymore. I have lowered the price several times and now I am thinking about keeping her. But if the cottage deal happens I will have to move on the boat. Then I would downsize to a smaller alberg that I can cheeply moore or store on a trailer to get a sailing fix.
Old 02-27-2009
Old Sailor

M275sailor:

Good evening.
Would you kindly keep us posted if you are interested in selling your Mirage 275. We can be reached via: oldsailor100@persona.ca.

SV Chaos
oldsailor
Old 12-19-2010

Rangernewell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rangernewell
I own a mirage 24 ..she is an amazing boat ...Although some people my have a leak or 2 ....It really all depends on the maintenance and care they have recieved. my Mirage is near mint condition and I have no problems with her at all .....MAINTENANCE, MAINTENANCE, MAINTENANCE

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.