Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Mirage
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009

ahab211 is on a distinguished road
sealant

I used the GE ultraglaze sealant on my windows for a C@C24. It was highly recommended and worked well. I didn't have to replace the gaskets and it's held well. I tried the 3M 5200 sealant and it leaked like a sieve. The ultraglaze was messy to work with but with some turpentine the black goo cleaned up well. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-20-2009

Fonkamex is on a distinguished road
Thanks waverider, the Mirage 24 was very nice, she is almost ready to sail, but I want to see more boats before I take a choice. Now I saw another boat, very similar, the C&C 25, she is $4500 and ready to sail (I going to visit the boat this week-end). I know they are almost the same models. What's different? What's the best boat?
Old 02-24-2009
Old Sailor

Whissell is on a distinguished road
Hi Fonkamex:

We have a Mirage 25, We've done many changes with her, If you like a large open concept check them out. We downsided from a C&C35 Mark III to the Mirage 25and am very happy with her layout and performance, she is a good seaworthy vessell. Don't fret about the twin mainsheets on her it can easily be changed to a windward traveller in the cockpit, We've done it. Improved performance immensely.

Oldsailor
Old 02-25-2009

Fonkamex is on a distinguished road
My last week

Hello again,

This is my last week for take a choice. I have been looking for many differents sailboats, but finally I'm considering only 2 of them: the Alberg 22' and the Mirage 24'.

Take a choice is pretty hard to me: the first one is a little bit more expensive than the second one. The Alberg 22' is classic and solid. The Mirage 24' is faster and modern design.

This WE I have to visit the Alberg 22' far from Montreal and then I going to take a decision.

Because both of them are relatively cheap boats (CD$5000 - CD$6000) I'll don't take a survey.....

Thanks for your advice

Fair wind!

Last edited by Fonkamex; 02-25-2009 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-25-2009

M275sailer is on a distinguished road
I was torn between classic and modern before buying my M275. I love the albergs too. If ever I sell the Mirage I will go with an alberg. It would be nice to have something on a trailer to reduce yard fees. Do you like to go fast or smell the roses. Two nice boats but opposite.
Old 02-25-2009
Old Sailor

Fonkamex

Please, please don't buy a boat with out a survey. Speaking from experience........most reliable insurance companies will eventually demand one anyway, do it now while she's out of the water...It could save you from a very bad investment and tons of headaches !

oldsailor
Old 02-25-2009
Old Sailor

Hi M275 Sailor

Are you thinking about selling her ? Seriously ? I am a Sudbury resident and am looking for a Mirage 275...Let me know..

oldsailor
Old 02-26-2009

M275sailer is on a distinguished road
Whissell, we have had our eye on a cottage and I have her listed on Kijiji in Toronto. I am in Sudbury as well and I keep her in Killarney. Someone named oldsailor made an enquiry so if it was you, this is the same boat. I love this boat and I'm not sure I want to give her away yet but I don't have the time or money to keep a cottage and boat. I'm not even sure I want to try and sell a boat in this market anymore. I have lowered the price several times and now I am thinking about keeping her. But if the cottage deal happens I will have to move on the boat. Then I would downsize to a smaller alberg that I can cheeply moore or store on a trailer to get a sailing fix.
Old 02-27-2009
Old Sailor

M275sailor:

Good evening.
Would you kindly keep us posted if you are interested in selling your Mirage 275. We can be reached via: oldsailor100@persona.ca.

SV Chaos
oldsailor
Old 12-19-2010

Rangernewell is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Rangernewell
I own a mirage 24 ..she is an amazing boat ...Although some people my have a leak or 2 ....It really all depends on the maintenance and care they have recieved. my Mirage is near mint condition and I have no problems with her at all .....MAINTENANCE, MAINTENANCE, MAINTENANCE