Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Morgan
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2006

CowboyPhD is on a distinguished road
'Lil help please. -i.e Morgan O/I

It's me again. This is my second post. I really need some help finding rubrail and windows for my O/I 28. I found rubrail.com, but would like more than one option. Also, I have no idea what to do for the leaky, sun cracked windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The Morgan O/I homepage tells how to replace the rubrail, but not where to get it. And, I would love some insight into the ports. Are there any standard sizes anywhere that fit? Can I "manufacture" something myself that will look good? Again, any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
c.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 03-24-2006

Champ is on a distinguished road
Why don't you check out the Morgan owner's site - google "morgan yachts." They may be able to help. I have a Morgan 35 and replaced 4 of the ports with opening ports. Makes a big difference in warm weather. The openings were close in size to standard 5x12 inch ports, available from a number of vendors in a wide range of styles and price ranges. I did have to do some grinding and epoxy work, but they look and work great. If you just want to replace the "glass", you should be able to take out the aluminum framing - probably just on one side, remove the acrylic panels and go to any good plastic shop to have them cut you a replacement. Check your yellow pages.
Old 03-26-2006

CowboyPhD is on a distinguished road
Thanks champ.

I appreciate your help. I am amazed at how few people will respond and try to help.
Old 03-27-2006

merc2dogs is on a distinguished road
I think some of the problem with lack of response is that a lot of people don't know these specific boards are here, I just found them a few days ago, I normally visit sailnet without logging in, only logging in to post, and they don't seem to show up if you aren't logged in.

plus they have the email lists that are more popular it seems, that may be for the same reason though.

ken
Old 03-28-2006

Valdare is on a distinguished road
Cowboy PHD,

Go to the email site for Morgan and look in the archives. Also put your post on the email board you will be hit with many many a reply.

John
Old 03-29-2006

dpaul04@hotmail.com is on a distinguished road
Cool Rub Rail

I just had my rubrail replace last year. I purchased it through Lewis Marine.
It was manufactured by Taco Marine and is very close to the origanial profile that was on my boat. This is a rigid product and dove the installer mad. I also chose to hold off on the install of the stainless inserts I plan to install them myself this year.
Attached is a link to the Taco web site for the profile.

http://66.98.194.54/tacomarine.com/c...rail_ss_insert

best of luck.
Old 04-03-2006

ncsailortrash is on a distinguished road
deadlite replacement

i have a m-33 not an out island but they share similar parts. Champ is right about replacing your existing ports with opening units. Mine were aluminum framed plexiglass deadlites but have been replaced with bronze opening ports from Seafit. They aren't cheap but they look great, have a bug screen and let in lots of air. The ports in my salon are huge plexiglass units which have been replaced with tinted lexan. They were originally bedded with Dolphinite but just tape off the area to seal and bed it with boatlife or whatever brand you choose. I wouldn't recommend 5200 as its almost impossible to get apart again and leaves white streaks over time from rain.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.