Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Morgan
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2009

wrublewski is on a distinguished road
i live aboard with my wife and 2yold son. we're in florida, so i'm really happy with the insulating 3/4" ply core in the deck. the boat is like a home now, so it's really comfortable for us. storage space is tight because of the water tanks/fuel but ours is outfitted with more cupboards in the aft as well as in the old pilot berth. when we have visitors for day, we're happy with 6 adults inside and it's not crowded. overnight is another issue but that's only because of our son and his schedule. Overall, i'm impressed with the layout
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-03-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Very cool. Thanks wru - that's great first-hand info to have. I do envy you, dude! Nice ride!

Anything that drives you crazy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 09-22-2009

VP719 is on a distinguished road
question to cedoyle

I've recently purchased a 1983 N/M 45' and while we had a great time delivering it from Lake Erie to Lake Michigan I just noticed a "settling" in the main cabin floor near the forward head. In "cedoyle's" posting he mentioned a mast issue. I was wondering what the problem was and what was the fix. Any info anyone could forward to me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
VP719
Old 11-10-2009

skibum54 is on a distinguished road
been reading some of the comments on the NM 45, can anyone out there tell me is the hull design on the race version is different than the cruise style or is it just the interior. also, if the 80's version by morgan different from the later 90 catalina version? thanks for any feedback
Old 11-23-2009

upncmng is on a distinguished road
N/m 45

Hey VP, (WVU & SM) I have an 84 N/M 45 CB version. It's a great boat , sails fantastically . I race it occasionally and always do well. It's a little tender past 17 wind speed, needs a reef to stay on its feet , but it points like crazy!
I have no issues with the CB. It is easy to raise and lower. There is no friction in the line/pipe. I could raise it without the winch if I wanted to.
I do have the floor sag that you speak about right at the forward bulkhead at the door sill to the forward head. I don't like it, but am not overly concerned about it. I would like to know if my boat has the upgraded mast step though. I don't have another boat to compare to, so maybe we all can share pics/notes on what the mast area/step looks like. I have sent a note to 'cedoyle' who appears to have the answer, but as yet I have not recieved a reply.
Old 12-01-2009

N/M 45 race vs cruise

Hello Skibum,,, my understanding of the differences between the race vs cruise versions of the N/M 45 are primarily the keel design and weight. The race version has a deep keel foil design and the interior of the boat was pretty spartan. All stripped out with plenty of bunk space and room for sails. There is a guy on this forum out of San Fran I believe who owns 'Beatle' . It is the racing version.
Old 12-01-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
After everything I've seen over the past year or so, I still love this boat. Do you have any gripes with it, up?

Old 12-01-2009

u still out there?

Cedoyle,,, you still have your N/M 45? If so, can I contact you regarding one of your posts? Regards
Old 12-09-2009

N/m 45

SMK Daddy, I have very few gripes with the boat. Like all boats it has its design and personality quirks. I would say that it is a bit tender in winds above 20. You have to reef to keep it sailing flat, but it really moves well when you have the right sails up.
The other thing I don't like too much is the large flat bridge deck . It can make for a nervous transition from cockpit to cabin in a blow with some heal on the boat. But it is designed that way to make for a larger aft cabin which I love,,,, so its all a compromise.
Regards, Pete
Old 12-10-2009
Last Man Standing

Cool. Thanks for the feedback Pete.