SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Morgan 24 - id number location

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  gpwil3847 
#1 ·
I'm helping a friend with his Morgan 24. He bought it from a friend from a state which is very lax in titling & registration (LA). We can' seem to find the hull id anywhere, have looked all over the transom & stern area. Any ideas? Other Morgan 24 owners, can you help?

Jim
Austin TX

#2 ·
M24 hull number location

Look inside the port locker approximately in-line with the rudder post on the vertical plane. The hull number is handwritten on the glass and is covered with resin. There is no plate, or other such 3D indentations, so if has been painted over you'll never find it.

Brian
O'Tay
Tampa, FL

#3 ·
I found mine forward of the port bow light, had to use a flashlight and stick my head into the small forward compartment. There it states "Morgan 24
1-075
66-52
the numbers were handwritten and the 66-52 I am not sure of because of paint but that is the best I can make out could also be somebody's initials too??, suppose I may try some thinner later. On Mr Bob Horan's Morgan site this number 075 places the boat in 1967. As this is an old thread thought I would add my two bits incase anyone else drifts this way....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.