Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Morgan
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2007

jasonr575 is on a distinguished road
I am the proud owner of a 1976 morgan 37 OI (entertainment model) with refrigerator and entertainment center down the midline of the ship. very unusual setup but got used to it real fast and find it very functional. She is heavy and not the fastest boat but she is like a floating condo. solar pannel, wind generator, huge refrigerator,makes ice faster than at home and actually works without killing the battery. never have to hook to shore power. full biminy and windshield, not a dodger, Very stable and comfortable, 6 ft 4 headroom in cabin, shoal draft (4 ft draft). Big 50 hp perkins with 380 hours!!! (rebuilt). She is definately a cruser though and not a racer. Very particular about the wind. I guess thats why the big engine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 12-27-2007

Talisman66 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonr575 View Post
I am the proud owner of a 1976 morgan 37 OI (entertainment model) with refrigerator and entertainment center down the midline of the ship. very unusual setup but got used to it real fast and find it very functional. She is heavy and not the fastest boat but she is like a floating condo. solar pannel, wind generator, huge refrigerator,makes ice faster than at home and actually works without killing the battery. never have to hook to shore power. full biminy and windshield, not a dodger, Very stable and comfortable, 6 ft 4 headroom in cabin, shoal draft (4 ft draft). Big 50 hp perkins with 380 hours!!! (rebuilt). She is definately a cruser though and not a racer. Very particular about the wind. I guess thats why the big engine.
Pictures !! we need pictures, sounds like an awesome Morgan.
Old 12-30-2007

sageofsalem is on a distinguished road
Morgan 462CC Ketch. Used to be Providence then QUEQUEEG II now Sage of Salem, boat has been across the pond, around the horn. I've just been up and down Lake Mich. Retired and final tweaking for extended life afloat
Old 12-31-2007

jasonr575 is on a distinguished road
talisman 66, would love to show pics but have tried to upload them on several occasions and just cant seem to do i t. i even made the pics samller to be in specifications and it will still notl accept them; would be glad to email the to anyone who asks
Old 01-04-2008

dandijohnson is on a distinguished road
M 27

1972 M 27 hull #111 that I have sailed on Puget Sound for 18 yrs now.

Love This Boat! It is fast and an excelent cruiser.
Dan
Old 01-13-2008
my dream

kennyarmes is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kennyarmes
i have a 1975 33 OI have owned it for one year and love it.
it is a very forgiving boat and stable. it is in portland or.
Old 03-15-2008
SaltwaterSuzi/CapnLarry

LarryandSusanMacDonald will become famous soon enough
Living aboard a 1977 Morgan Out Island 41 ketch for 11 years. Have done lots of refitting - including rewiring, new engine Westerbeke 55b to replace Perkins 4-108), reverse-cycle heat/AC - pretty much all new interior. Gutted both heads and galley and v-berth to the hull and started from scratch. New bimini, dodger and enclosure, etc. etc. etc. Planning on a hard bimini this spring. Anybody done this on a OI 41?

"A sailboat is a fickle mistress. Youíve got to buy her things. Youíve got to understand everything about her. What you donít know sheíll use against you." -Captain Larry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-24-2008

triton185 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by keforion View Post

We have just aquired a Morgan 45, (built by Starrett & Jenks according to the prior owner) I love the design and as she has been out of the water for the last ten years at least, she is in remarkably good condition

I am curious as to her exact type. She is called a Morgan 45 -- 45'8" LOA, 25,000 lb displ, 11,000 lb ballast (NOT a centerboarder)

She is a yawl, wheel steered. The rigging is 3/8" 1x19 on 5/8" t'b'kles.

KEFORION
Do you know what hull number she is? You can find it on the exterior upper corner of the transom. The boat was designed as the Morgan 45-1 Keel Sloop. 12 of them were built before Morgan sold the moulds to Starratt and Jenks.

Are you going to rig her as a yawl with the taller mast or some other configuration?

I would be interested to know if you have verified the thickness of the hull in any locations.
Old 04-26-2008
1977 Morgan OI 30

Joesaila is on a distinguished road
Thought we were the only ones! We have a 77 Morgan OI 30' and its super. Its a tank, does'nt sail as pretty as some of the deep keelers but we like to find secluded overnight spots and its been a blast. It only draw 3 1/2' and on our rocky N.E. shores its 'way cool!'
Old 04-28-2008

keforion is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by triton185 View Post
Do you know what hull number she is? You can find it on the exterior upper corner of the transom. The boat was designed as the Morgan 45-1 Keel Sloop. 12 of them were built before Morgan sold the moulds to Starratt and Jenks.

Are you going to rig her as a yawl with the taller mast or some other configuration?

I would be interested to know if you have verified the thickness of the hull in any locations.
Triton185:

I have the Hull Number in her papers but not with me at the moment. Thanks for the tip about the transom.

She will be rigged as a yawl, but modified as follows. Themast will be about 9' taller (59' above LWL) and stepped for'd of the original location by about 24" This will allow using the original chainplates and sweptback spreaders. We will have a double headstay rig going to the stem belowdeck. The stays will be separated about 1.5" and go through the deck about 48" aft of the stemhead. The original CCA giant genoa will be scrapped. She will carry a boomed stays'l on the after stay and a jib (about 110%) on the for'd stay.

The mizzen will also move for'd by about 24"

We have cored the deck and it is 1/2" glass outside, 3/4' plywood (absolutely dry) and 1/4" glass inside.

The hull is at least 1/2" glass where we removed some thru-hulls above the waterline and gets real thick below.

Thanks for your interest.

keforion

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.