Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2009
Mark on Camper 58

NICHOLSON58 is on a distinguished road
Heritage One Ton

Interesting list.

The lighter than normal with sails larger than normal and waterline higher than normal was Dandelion on Lake Erie at the end of a race to Mentor, Ohio. We raced on a Heritage One Ton named Kalakini - later changed to Star Path. Star path is still on the Great lakes basin last I knew - probably name changed. See photos of that boat in my gallery on this site. http://www.sailnet.com/photogallery/...cat=500&limit=

Also about the same time as I mentioned above, I raced on another Heritage One Ton in the Macinaw race (1981) It was a famously big blow. We competed on Cheap Shot - probably also re-named. It was equiped with the optional tall rig.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-27-2010

bshambrook is on a distinguished road
Heritage One Ton

I am looking at a Heritage One Ton named Koi located in Ohio. Does anyone know the boat and have comments as to condition? Are these suitable for both club racing and some basic cruising or given the boat and rigging is it necessary to always have a large crew?
Old 07-27-2010
Mark on Camper 58

NICHOLSON58 is on a distinguished road
I don't know the boat by that name. I raced a Heritage as noted above for many years on Lake Erie. There are several of these boats being cruised as passagemakers and several still racing very competively on Lake Erie. Two could easily sail one cruising style. It takes four to race light air and 6 to 8 in higher wind. Its a very stiff rig and goes well to windward. It could easily be made into a cutter rig with two roller furlers for short hand sailing. I really like the boat. Be sure the condition of the hull regarding blisters. We did a blister job on the race boat and they were the right vintage for the problem. As long as its only gel-coat it is easily fixed. Stomp the decks. We ahd no problems and I know of none of the others that had soft deck troubles. I think they were well made. Check the photos in the gallery I noted above. Most people I know who have sailed the Heritage really like it.
Old 08-18-2010
Heritage One Ton

svPatriot is on a distinguished road
svPatriot

I am the owner of Patriot (formerly Monkeyface).

Our Heritage One Ton is located on Lake Erie at Presque Isle Marina in Erie, PA. Koi is docked across the bay at Erie Yacht Club. I don't know much about the boat but I do see her sailing often in the bay ... looks good.
Old 08-30-2010

j24slapshot is on a distinguished road
windborn heritage one ton history

windborn please email me at jbborn22@aol.com i have some cool things to share with you about your boat.

thanks
Old 01-16-2011

gulfcoastsailor is on a distinguished road
H 37

Erie boat "Koi" is on Yachtworld. Pics show it nicely upgraded below.

Last edited by gulfcoastsailor; 01-16-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old 05-03-2011

Freschman is on a distinguished road
I crewed on a Heritage one-ton in a race a couple years ago and fell in love with the boat. I'm now looking to buy a boat and one of these beauties has come available nearby. Anyone have any advice on what to look out for on a '76?
Old 10-18-2011

charthouse is on a distinguished road
I purchased 1 around 1977/78 in toronto named "jackal" yellow hull. Can't remember hull #.. Renamed "ommadawn".. Kept her for 10 yrs with many upgrades including imron to light grey w/red waterline, interior forepeak refinish in slatted teak, holding tank, and other usual stuff.. Sold her out of midland in georgian bay, canada... Boat was moved to quebec and i lost track after that.. Really loved that boat and still wish i still owned her...
Old 10-15-2012

nortonm3 is on a distinguished road
Re: Morgan Heritage 1 Ton ?

Hi,
I'm new to this site and I also own a Heritage One ton. I bought mine in in 1994. I'm not a racer but have used it as a cruiser. The boat now lives in Arcadia, MI on Lake Michigan. I retired in 1999 and sailed the boat from Lake Mich to Lake Erie, through the Erie Canal to the Hudson, to New York City, down the ICW to Florida. The boat stayed in Florida for 8 yrs. We visited the Bahamas three times, sailed through the Keys, to the Tortugas and up the gulf to Tampa. In 2010 we sailed the boat back to MI. I try to do most of my own repairs and service, so over the past 18 yrs I have come to know my boat quite well. I expect to be sailing "Varmint" for as many yrs in the future as possible. I would like to get to know other owners of those 20 or so hulls to compare notes and share our appreciation of a fine boat.
Old 02-28-2013

burnerman is on a distinguished road
Re: Morgan Heritage 1 Ton ?

Hi everyone,
I have a what I believe to be a Heritage 1 ton. Although, you wouldn't know it in the title.
It reads,"Morgan 37' " 1976. This boat is or was red in color and goes by the name of "Duce Is Wild". Shes in ruff shape, but I love working on her and seeing the shape I fell for, come alive. My boat had 4 bunks, a head and a little galley. Used for off shore racing only. It did not require much. Does Any one mind showing me cabin pictures of there Morgan 1 ton. I'd like to see how she should look like. My boat is in my yard in Amesbury M.A.