SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Help with Morgan 30

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Leither 
#1 ·
My wife and I have purchased a 1972 Morgan 30 and I have been working on her for a few weeks now getting her clean and ready to go. I am looking for some one who has a little more knowledge than me. I keep finding lines that go to nowhere and none of the fresh water system is hooked up ( I am guessing that was done before it was stored for the winter). I am running out of ideas on where things go and what they do. My father in-law was going to be by go to guy but he passed away unexpectedly last summer. That’s why it sat for so long. I have contacted the broker where I bought her and tried to get a hold of the P/O but no luck yet. If there is anyone with some know how near Anne Arundel County, MD please give me a shout. Thanks in advance.

Donnie

#6 ·
Bacon is a great place Donnie.. say hi to Walter from Denise. To re-plumb the boat would not be very difficult since pex tubing is now very common. The books written by Don Casey are a great source!

#7 ·
Donnie

Sounds like you are already making progress and have had a good offer of help.

Just to let you know, I have a Morgan 30 (1971) based at Flag Harbor in Calvert County, MD. I have re-plumbed and rewired etc and would be happy to add any advice I can, if you need it.

Stuart

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.