Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Morgan
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012

gpwil3847 is on a distinguished road
http://morgan24site.com.istemp.com/ cut and paste this into you internet address it will take you to Bob Horan's Morgan 24/25 site then click on information and you will find all you need to know about the Centerboard system on your morgan - Of course after 40 years you never know what kind of modifications have been made as I found out. but I want the original centerboard system as designed. This site should help you, you can even email Mr Horan he has always been happy to respond and has been helpful.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-05-2012

Zschofield is on a distinguished road
Re: Morgan 24

Thanks, there is a lot of good information there. I plan on hauling it out this weekend coming up, to re-do the bottom paint and replace all of the through hulls, and repair the center board. It should prove to be a interesting weekend.
Old 03-05-2012

Newrudders.com - $935 including shipping if you need to replace the centerboard they have the mold. My Centerboard was finally installed, the system is up and running as designed by Mr Morgan. Now waiting for a small 5" crack to be repaired and bottom paint and I will have a solid hull sitting at my dock. Glad the info helped.
Old 03-27-2012

Can any one post or send me a picture of how they have their main sheet track and traveler set up? My boat didn't have one on it when I bought it, but it does have the U bolts like the Morgan 22. Was the 24 ever made without a traveler?
Old 03-31-2012

I have no traveler, but some have installed them to the aft part of the cockpit - assume you would need to measure for the appropriate size track then bolt it inplace there is plenty of room to crawl around in the sail locker to tighten the bolts, seal around the holes with calk. Then just rig the pully on the end of your boom to the one on the track. Such a rig may provide improved sailing characteristics as the block in the track can be adjusted where it is needed I suppose and work sort of like a boom vang??
Old 03-31-2012

If you go to the Yahoo Morgan Owner's gallery you can see my boat Felicity a 1967 Morgan 24. I believe the crew in this boatyard must have descended from the crews that built roads across the southeast because my boat has been at the yard since November last year!!!!! The board is in, I hear soon perhaps that means sometime next year or after hunting season the bottom job will be complete and I will be able to sail her home!
Old 04-01-2012

I just finished doing the bottom job and side hull paint on mine this weekend. It should be back in the water next weekend, so I can paint the top side.
Old 05-01-2012

Last Tuesday the yard owner was supposed to be home, if the weather is good I was told they would mend the crack, prep and bottom paint her. Crickets - I have got to have an award for patience. If you check out the morgan 24 site I listed somewhere above you will find all kinds of info on the centerboard system. Mine is ship shape now, I saw the board sitting in the trunk in the up position, spoke with the man who installed it, stainless cable should be good to go....Meanwhile I have been working on my 1972 O'Day Mariner may have that one in the water before my morgan ever gets here!
Old 05-02-2012

My Morgan is back in the water with a full new paint job top, sides, bottom and new teak. I took her on the first sail last weekend and she is beautiful to sail. I still have to find a center board and finish the interior but for now she is a lot of fun.
Old 05-02-2012

Sounds wonderful, I got my centerboard from NewRudders.com who has the mold but not cheap at about $935?? I am looking forward to having mine at my dock so I can start working on it right here at home. I believe these boats are worth the effort to bring them back into shape.