Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Morgan
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012

gpwil3847 is on a distinguished road
Re: Morgan 24

Sorry for poor grammatical skills, it was never my strongest subject. I have an AA, BA from Texas, BSN from USM, and an MSN from USA, and am certified as a Diabetic Educator CDE. Spent 20 years in the Air Force Nurse Corps, I am just being lazy. Will try a little harder.

If you go to the Morgan Group on the Facebook page you can see some updated pictures of Felicity and my ODay Mariner. And there are some photos on the Yahoo Morgan Owners group.

I have replaced all the 45 year old teak with AZEC in Cobre colour which is close to a teak, and have replaced all teak cleats which were badly worn or broken with black nylon without having to cut any holes.

I have all necessary supplies to replace lifelines which had been damaged removed, holes covered and topsides painted over before I purchased the boat.

As far as the Water tank I have a 2" PVC bung so should never have a problem with corrosion again. I do however have to build a new support for the tank, another ship in a bottle effort! have new tubing. I do not believe it will be possible to remove the monel tank through the anchor locker, and I do not plan on cutting any of the interior fiberglass which is still in very good condition considering the age of the boat. This project has been set aside for the moment, I decided to work outside.

49 stainless machine screws nuts and washers on each side of the boat for the toe rails, I am experiencing numbness on occasion in my forearms and hands from all the strain, used putty or "butyl rubber" tape as the seating much less leakage now, though did find a couple in a heavy rain which needed a washer, perhaps some calk and to be retightened.

That's it for now, thanks for the advice. George
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 12-10-2012

gpwil3847 is on a distinguished road
Re: Morgan 24

Took my first sail Finally on 8 December 2012, ! Purchased Felicity in late November of 2011.
I was worried about the shrouds on the starbord side due to the rot, but I did add two 12" aluminum extensions with 6 stainless bolts. took the strain of a 20 degree heel so I am thinking I shouldn't worry so much. Still I do want to replace both bulkheads under the threshold which supports the base of the mast. Big Job. Perhaps I should wait until I take her out of the water again year after next? The pictures are on the Facebook morgan group, also have some of the old pictures on the Yahoo morgan owners group site.
lost-n-found likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook