SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Morgan 382 Value

6K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Lanealoha 
#1 ·
I know this is a difficult question to answer, but what is a realistic price to pay for a 1981 Morgan 382 in excellent condition. Perkins diesel with 1440 hours. Very barebones in terms of equipment (old VHF, depth sounder and log). Original rigging. Old sails. Roller furling headsail.

#5 ·
Neat data, BP!! Quite the range and I like being able to see the diff between asking and actual sold.. Oh, for the average joes like us to have that access!!!:rolleyes:

#3 ·
If you are working through a broker they can tell you what other boats have sold for. Soldboats.com requires a broker's account. There are several for sale on yachtworld. It needs sails, rigging and electronics, so you are looking at 15-20k or more even before the survey. If the hull needs paint, add 15k more. Good luck!

#8 ·
What do you think about taking the average closing price of BP's list, and deducting 10% (since we don't have to pay a broker)? Fair ballpark price?
Such a wide range of prices indicates a wide range of condition, I think you'll need to look at the candidate boat and use examples from the list that best match the boat in question... more fair that using the overall average....

#13 ·
Nifty...THANKS! I am the 4th one from the bottom, although after negotiations i walked away for $15,500.

She was sorely neglected with mid-90s rigging, a fairly new mainsail, new portholes, freshly covered cushions but everything...and trust me there's a lot to "everything" is in dire need of replacement. Still i should be able to get another 40 years out of her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.