Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Newport
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2011

emoney is on a distinguished road
Welcome Me to the Club!

So, since this forum has been rather quiet recently, I thought I'd spice it up a little, since my "new-to-me" N27S should be home by no later than Monday morning (it's a 'tide' issue). "Nomoorkidz" is a black hulled, sleek & sexy, older lady that's been just a little neglected in the past year or so due to a PO that has failing health (super guy, btw). Her standing rigging is solid, but she'll get new lines probably soon. Florida sun can be brutual on an ignored vessel, let me tell ya. I really need to learn how to use my sewing machine, because the cushions are high on the list of attention. PO, once removed, replaced the Atomic 4 with a Universal 20hp that purrs like a kitten.....at least the couple of times I've started it, anyway. And her sails are in relatively good shape. All in all, it's mainly a big task of cleaning, and trying to find a product that will bring the black back from the dead that's on her hull. This will be my 2nd sb, as on a whim I bought a 22' US Yachts to learn how to at least raise the sails on. The long term goal is to spend a year or two travelling the world......if I ever reach retirement age, that is. Hopefully having moved up to about a 40 footer, at least. So, I hope to enhance my sailing abilities and look forward to many weekends of getting to know her.

Oh...and for the record, I know the "pics or it didn't happen" rule, but she's way too unkempt at the moment. I'll bathe her in and out and post some "get-to-know-me" shots by the end of the week (fingers crossed).
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-25-2011

Didn't want to get 'too close' with all the dirt and all...

If you squint, you can just make her out and she even looks black in this picture....eyes squinted, of course.
Old 09-16-2011

prxbwx is on a distinguished road
NICE!!!!! we just put our 85 27s in the li sound last month -1st "owned" boat will be posting pics later today-cam is charging-took all the woodwork inside n out down and did her up-great boat my husbands been out 6 days in a row-handling is ez for 1- GOOD luck! like the name! Ours is called the Tack Sea Sun-want to change it-heard that that is bad luck?
Old 09-16-2011

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
Just need some wind in them thar sails........i2f

BORROWED, No single one of us is as smart as all of us!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-16-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Anyone who visits the chat room regularly will find out that e$ has plenty of wind to power those sails.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 09-16-2011

buwahahaha@DRF
Old 09-16-2011

@prxbwx congrats to you as well and welcome to SN!! As for the name change, google and you'll find ceremonies designed to avoid the "bad luck" of the renaming. I'm not much of a superstitious type, but many are and there's plenty of info out there about it. Good luck.