SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

newport 30 how tall on a trailer?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  simpsoned 
#1 ·
Silly question, I hope someone can help. I've been looking for a good newport 30. I have a large building that I can store it in if it's not to tall. On a trailer do you know how tall the boat would be? With the mast down of course! My doorway is 12' 3" If it's too tall I may have to consider a smaller boat. If you can get back to me that would be great. Thanks for your help!

Matt

I know the trailer makes a little difference, but if you can givve me an idea it might help!

#2 · (Edited)
Assuming 6 foot headroom, probably 1.5 foot hull draft and plus 3.5 feet of keel below that the hull structure and keel will total pretty close to 9.5 feet, if left attached it looks like the pulpit and stanchions will add another 6 inches at least, so you're looking at 10 feet anyway above where ever the keel tip sits on the trailer. That could be a difference of another foot or more depending on the trailer.. So in the end I think the trailer is going to make the difference.

If it's wheel steering the binnacle may add a bit more height yet...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.