SailNet Community - Reply to Topic
Thread: Florida to NYC in early May Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Click here to view the posting rules you are bound to when clicking the
'Submit Reply' button below

  Topic Review (Newest First)
04-17-2013 02:35 PM
Re: Florida to NYC in early May

Originally Posted by tominny View Post
look at Florida mansions instead.
Why just look, you can just stay there for the night. Besides, no one lives there anyway
04-17-2013 11:42 AM
Florida to NYC in early May

Looking for crew with some sailing and seamanship experience to bring my Tartan 34C ('77) from Palm Coast, FL to NYC. I'm 36 years old and in good shape.

Depending on the weather we will sail outside in the ocean or motor inside in the Intracostal Waterway. The preference, of course, is sailing and we would also be doing overnight sails. Safety is first. The very general rule of thumb is that if the wind is coming from anywhere but north-east and is below 20 knots and the weather window is long enough to get us safely to the next port with a navigable inlet then we'll go outside. If it is blowing above 20 knots it would not be a problem for the boat but we will probably decide to motor inside and look at Florida mansions instead.

I am planning the trip to start on May 7 and to take anywhere from 1-2 weeks depending on weather, forecast and progress. We might not make it all the way to NY. In that case we will leave the boat at a local marina.

You would be responsible for your transport to and from the boat, and any extraordinary personal expenses. I will cover all other expenses during the trip, including provisions.

I took the boat in November from NY to the Bahamas, and this is her return trip. The boat had been refitted for the trip south, including new running and standing rigging and new bronze seacocks. Noteworthy equipment includes AIS, sat phone, EPRIB, roller furler and ATN Gale sail (storm jib) and a ridiculously over-sized Manson Supreme anchor and 3/8 chain for sound sleep after a day of hard work on the water. In the interest of full disclosure, the engine is a party rebuilt Atomic 4 which has been running very smoothly since I had the boat. I actually like the engine a lot and trust it. Lots of spare parts and tools on board.

Please email me at tominny (-at-) -g-mail (-dot-) (-com-)

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome