SailNet Community - Reply to Topic
Thread: Cal 35 Raw Water Intake Question Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Click here to view the posting rules you are bound to when clicking the
'Submit Reply' button below

  Topic Review (Newest First)
09-12-2013 09:04 AM
Re: Cal 35 Raw Water Intake Question

Thanks. I will take some pictures and post. It has to be a Y-strainer of some sort but looks like it was not part of anyone's maintenance schedule...hence my potential flow problem. Also, there is no other in line filter with this system and can not imagine Cal/Universal would have set this boat up with a straight shot to the RW pump with no protection.

Stay tuned
09-12-2013 07:43 AM
Cal 35 Raw Water Intake Question

I have hull #60, also a 1983. It seems like someone was fooling around in the bilge. I have a normal intake with a ball valve hull fitting, with a hose feeding into the raw water strainer.
Send me your email and I can send pics.
09-11-2013 10:54 PM
Cal 35 Raw Water Intake Question

Anyone familiar with the raw water seacock on a 1983 Cal 35. The thru-hull goes to a valve and then there is a Y just before the barbed fitting for the hose that feeds the Raw Water pump. The Y looks to be adjustable and/or have a moveable valve body but has no knob or handle; just a stub that could be moved with an adjustable wrench. Is this a strainer? There is no in line strainer on this raw water feed. Thanks if you have seen it before. Maybe flow regulator? or some kind of insertion filter that slide into the Y and enters the pipe before the hose connection? It doe not appear to have ever been adjusted or opened up for maintenance.

Thanks for any help you may have.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome