SailNet Community - Reply to Topic
Thread: Hose block fitting, RH btw w/pump & thermostat Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Click here to view the posting rules you are bound to when clicking the
'Submit Reply' button below

  Topic Review (Newest First)
06-18-2007 06:34 PM
Water jacket side plate

Sometimes it's amazing how close you can be to finding something, if only you looked in the logical place! Thanks a million. I'd suspect Moyer Marine and I will be becoming quite familiar. Thanks again, you made my day (and likely the season!)

By the way, the Moyer Marine site is a Godsend. I find the community there for us "old" A4 owners to be outstanding. KUDOS to Mr. Moyer.
06-18-2007 05:32 PM
ChicagoNewport27 Easy! That's a Water Jacket Side Plate:

You can get them at Moyer Marine, with or without all the fittings.
Water Jacket Side Plate at Moyer Marine (follow this link, then scroll down)

For more assistance, contact the experts at Moyer Marine (
Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Engine Rebuilding and Parts
Moyer Marine Forums
06-17-2007 05:25 PM
Hose block fitting, RH btw w/pump & thermostat

On starting my recently acquired A4 (recently acquired boat with A4,) I saw considerable water coming out of a fitting (see image) on the RH side of the engine. The fitting is a "T" with a hose going to the thermostat and water pump.

I tightened the clamps on the hoses, no fix, then pulled the hoses off, found the problem was the fitting as it went into the block. The fitting is bronze, common, no big deal. Upon removing it, it was noticeably loose in the block, just about fell out due to the corroded insert area, then upon removal the plate that the fitting screws into literally crumbled; I almost sh*t, then noticed the fitting threaded into a plate. Glad it wasn't the block itself.

Corrosion is considerable and needs attention, but does anyone know here I could get the flat plate, about 4" tall, 12" long (wild guess on dimensions).

I hope it's clear what I'm referring to in the images.

This forum is an oracle of information. Thanks for any advise.

Well, scratch the pictures, I've checked sizes, etc, they're way below the size allowances, but I failed in the upload 5 or 6 times. If they will help, I'll find somewhere else to post them.

Got lucky! Posted the images here!: Welcome to your Personal Web Pages!

Thanks again.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome