SailNet Community - Reply to Topic

   Search Sailnet:

 forums  store  


Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here






Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest > General Discussion (sailing related) > Your ONE piece of wisdom...
 Not a Member? 


Thread: Your ONE piece of wisdom... Reply to Thread
Title:
  

By choosing to post the reply below you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Click here to view the posting rules you are bound to when clicking the
'Submit Reply' button below


Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Click here to view the posting rules you are bound to when clicking the
'Submit Reply' button below


Topic Review (Newest First)
06-05-2012 03:32 AM
bornagainsailor
Re: Your ONE piece of wisdom...

To quote veteran sailors Lin and Larry Pardy: "Go small, go simple, go now."
06-04-2012 08:58 PM
JimMcGee
Re: Your ONE piece of wisdom...

You never have to be bored on a boat. There is always something that needs tinkering.
06-04-2012 07:51 PM
davidpm
Re: Your ONE piece of wisdom...

Never trust any ONE thing!
Weather report
GPS
Chart
Buoy's
Local Knowledge
Lights
Radar
Depth finder
Pilot book
Internet

Confirm everything.
One is useful, two is close but three is trustworthy
06-04-2012 07:45 PM
Minnewaska
Re: Your ONE piece of wisdom...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisingdad View Post
"A Tampon (or matchbox car) in the Elecetric Head always makes the Captain's face grow red!"

Don't ask me how I know.

Brian
Which reminds me of the age old law of the sea.

If you clogged it, you fix it. Don't care if you're only 7.
06-04-2012 06:25 PM
Cruisingdad
Re: Your ONE piece of wisdom...

"A Tampon (or matchbox car) in the Elecetric Head always makes the Captain's face grow red!"

Don't ask me how I know.

Brian
06-04-2012 06:22 PM
Merit25lovers
Re: Your ONE piece of wisdom...

Before yelling at your significant other for sitting in front of the depth gauge when you think the depth is fast approaching your draft... make sure it IS the depth gauge you have been watching, and NOT the boat speed indicator!
06-04-2012 06:05 PM
anthemj24
Re: Your ONE piece of wisdom...

90% of what you read on internet message boards is BS, the other 10% is total BS


.... oh and have fun
06-03-2012 07:17 PM
Stumble
Re: Your ONE piece of wisdom...

Carry a knife at all times.
06-03-2012 06:21 PM
Capt.aaron
Re: Your ONE piece of wisdom...

Alway's be just a little paranoid that your not heading on the right course, tripple check your fixes.
06-03-2012 02:40 PM
Stumble
Re: Your ONE piece of wisdom...

1) better to be at the bar wishing you were sailing, then sailing wishing you were at the bar.

2) life is measured by the number of miles sailed

3) step up into the liferaft
This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

 
Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 PM.

Add to My Yahoo!         
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012

The SailNet.com store is owned and operated by a company independent of the SailNet.com forum. You are now leaving the SailNet forum. Click OK to continue or Cancel to return to the SailNet forum.