On the way back the boats on the SSB net reported on the debris encountered.
- Lots of styrofoam ranging from a couple of inches to to 3X3X3 feet. One piece with concrete still attached.
- Lots of floats from nets.
- We had a piece of net go under the boat - scared the crap out of me. We were under sail.
- Two overturned hulls: 1 50 feet, 1 20-30 feet; probably tsunami debris with lots of growth. (Observed by other boats, not us.)
- One 1X1X15 feet piece of dock.
- Lots of plastic bits, small drums, bottles, etc..
- Some logs with trimmed ends - way out 600-800 miles from PNW.
We didn't hit anything. But that is the worst I have seen.