|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|04-12-2007 10:41 AM|
SD, no, not that crazy, besides, couldn't go out if I wanted, could not get past the breakwater. Great for surfers . . .the news said they've lost 4 yesterday.
Besides, I'm having too much fun with our dry feet portagee with dial-up friend, (hey wait a minute, I have dial up too). It's funny, at high tide I get 54kbs, at low tide, 26.4kbs.
|04-12-2007 10:01 AM|
You know you want to go out in those conditions... you can pull a Ken Barnes... But I don't think you're that crazy...
|04-12-2007 09:10 AM|
Best Laid Plans are nothing to those of Mother Nature.
20 ft breaking seas at the breakwater, it's almost completely obscured at times, wind gusting to 50kts +.
Coast Guard not letting anybody out.
Oh well, I guess I'll just have to see if I can keep getting giulietta's goat
|04-11-2007 01:43 AM|
It's 04:15 in Portugal, do you know where you're children are?
|04-11-2007 01:36 AM|
Originally Posted by ianhlnd
|04-11-2007 12:55 AM|
|sailingdog||Have a good trip Ian, take some photos and report back when you're back. Deck fluff optional... Try not to break anything too expensive... And if you're taking Giu's relatives as deck fluff.. please don't show us any photos.|
|04-11-2007 12:55 AM|
Ian...don't go just yet.....Aunt Jamila wants to go with you...waiiiiiiitttttt...she's on her way...she said she wanted to see Mexico...where the burritos are made.....
You got her pregnant...now take her.....and aunt Mathilda also
|04-11-2007 12:48 AM|
I plan about a year or two in Mexico, maybe more, at one time I was offered a professorship at the international university in Ixtapa-international business, which I tought here off-and on, I'll see if I can do something there, if not, then south to Guatamala and Costa Rica. problably 3 years to CR, then it's decision time, either up again through Panama, or out to the Galapagos and then Vanatu, don't really have plans after Costo Rica.
Problem is, believe it or not, most of this will be solo. I'm looking on some of the dating sites for a companion (uh crew), but I don't think it will be a problem leaving at the same time as the Ha-Ha.
|04-11-2007 12:38 AM|
Sounds like a good time, amigo. I have to get my motor running and get out there. Probably going to be a good swell associated with this for surfing too.
Take some good photos for us, we want to see you in action! How long will you be in Mexico?
Careful out there, read the extended outlook on this link:
SURFPULSE - Surf Forecast
|04-11-2007 12:32 AM|
Yeah BF, going out on Thursday, hopefully I can get some of those NW winds, it takes 20-30kts to get this beast moving. Probably break something, but that's OK, need to shake down before Mexico this fall.
I've completely replaced my fuel system, hoses, pumps, filters, brackets, had the fuel polished, I've found the leak in the water system, repaired the windless, repacked the rudder post, have the SSB so I can hear the Carribean weather reports, although need better counterpoise, rebuilt the dinghy motor, repainted the main boom, and killed the damn bird that was pooping all over my foredeck.
I'm ready to see if I can break something else.
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|