SailNet Community - Reply to Topic
Thread: BVI Charter Dec. 2013 - book now or wait? Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Click here to view the posting rules you are bound to when clicking the
'Submit Reply' button below

  Topic Review (Newest First)
06-15-2014 08:59 AM
Re: BVI Charter Dec. 2013 - book now or wait?

If you ring Sunsail directly when you want to book you can always haggle with them, there authorized to give to to %30 off on the spot!!
10-11-2012 01:53 PM
Re: BVI Charter Dec. 2013 - book now or wait?

The best place for charter related information in the BVI is at Traveltalkonline: Viewing forum: British Virgin Islands

Just post your question there (you can search the threads as well) and be well-informed.
10-10-2012 10:43 PM
Re: BVI Charter Dec. 2013 - book now or wait?

Does anyone have a recent review of Conch Charters? I've seen some posts up here that seem to indicate they may be going downhill, and would like to know if they've turned it around.
10-08-2012 11:08 AM
Re: BVI Charter Dec. 2013 - book now or wait?

We took a Sunsail charter earlier this year. I had a 25% off on our next trip email before the plane hit the tarmac back in Philadelphia and they arrive in my inbox regularly.

I suspect if you get on their mailing list you'll have offers just as good as the ones from the boat show.
10-08-2012 10:41 AM
BVI Charter Dec. 2013 - book now or wait?

At the Annapolis Boat Show yesterday I did some shopping around for BVI charters. Some places were offering 15-20% off if I book by the end of the show (today). (Moorings/Sunsail offered 10% off.) I don't think I can swing going this year, but would like to plan to go down around Christmas/New Years next year. I know that is the busiest season, so booking ahead is beneficial, but not sure I want to book this far ahead.

My question is whether this 15-20% special is truly limited to the boat show, or can you usually negotiate a similar discount at other times of the year (coupon specials, etc.)? I'd prefer to wait awhile to make sure my plans are more certain, but don't want to wait until next year's boat show to book for December 2013.

Also, I'm considering BVI Yacht Charters or Conch Charters because of their lower prices. I know they have older boats than Moorings, but I think I can accept an older boat. Are there reasons I should not do this? Do the older boats have problems, or are they pretty well maintained?

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome