|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|02-23-2008 03:07 AM|
|TStein||Sounds like it's time you "Busta Move"|
|02-23-2008 02:20 AM|
|sailingdog||CD's probably trying to put together a video of how to sail a Catalina in gale force winds... and failing.|
|02-22-2008 10:29 PM|
|labatt||Does zippo actually make BBQs? And we should put an APB out for CD - it's been at least 10 minutes!|
|02-22-2008 09:37 PM|
|Faster||Labatt...it's been less than 1/2 hour.. You know CD is going to come along soon. Then you can get the BBQ tips (ie how to keep it lit at the dock in a gale)|
|02-22-2008 09:34 PM|
Go South Young Man.............
a catalina would be just fine in the correct location...... 80 and sunny in south fla............... boats with training wheels (tri's) are all over the place down here going where no one else can......... we are heading out for the marquiases tomorrow.... 10-15 out of the southeast.......... should be a close reach for about 5 hours, drop sail at about sunset then build a bon fire on a small island, drink mount gay and howl at the full moon.........
|02-22-2008 09:33 PM|
|labatt||Seriously... I told the charter company that sailing doesn't get fun until the small craft warning comes out... they agreed, but apparently the insurance company doesn't agree too. I'd ask for tips on the best way to sail a Catalina, but I'm not sure anyone actually knows the answer to that|
|02-22-2008 09:22 PM|
Im ready to break the grill out with the boat still on the hard...I feel your pain..
|02-22-2008 09:20 PM|
|Freesail99||Look at it this way, once and for all you can prove or disprove if the Catalina is a bluewater boat (g)|
|02-22-2008 09:12 PM|
|sailingdog||What a disappointment it must be, sailing on a Catalina... I take it you'll be sitting at the dock, barbequing on the grill.|
|02-22-2008 09:09 PM|
Finally getting to charter a boat tomorrow... Gale force winds forecast!
So we're out in Torrance CA for a couple of days and we just set up a day charter on a Catalina 400 (We're slumming... although it does have a BBQ :P). They can't let us out if there's a small craft advisory, and I just checked the weather - Gale force winds and seas to 20 ft predicted as a storm builds up around the area in the afternoon. I just can't win!!!!! Arghhhh!!!! I'm not 100% sure I picked the right region for the forecast but I think I did. Well, maybe the storm will veer off and we'll be OK... Yeah right... We so need to get out sailing...