SailNet Community - Reply to Topic
Thread: Fuel fill (pipe) to (hose) adapters Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Click here to view the posting rules you are bound to when clicking the
'Submit Reply' button below

  Topic Review (Newest First)
09-26-2004 09:30 AM
Fuel fill (pipe) to (hose) adapters

Bill, thanks for your input. Sometimes I get so one tracked that I can''t get off of it. This is what makes this forum so valuable to me. I have been looking for the "Kingfittings" for a month now but have been looking for them under wrong names in the wrong places. After your message I called several plumbing suppliers in our area with no success. My wife said, "How about Cuesta equipment?" This is a large supplier of a variety of hardware including plumbing supplies. I called them and asked for the part by it''s correct name and the clerk said, "Yes, we carry lots of them!" It turns out the winery industry, which is a large part of the economy in this area, uses tons of them. In addition, I received an email from GO2marine and they carry them also at a much lower price than West Marine. Thanks again for taking the time to help out. Regards, Peter
09-24-2004 04:36 AM
Fuel fill (pipe) to (hose) adapters

West Marine may carry them, and will probably charge you an arm and a leg. You can get a stainless 1 1/2 male NPTx1 1/2 hose barb fitting at:

About $11.00. I''m sure there are plenty of places where you can get brass as well. Might try your local plumbing supplier.
09-23-2004 07:05 PM
Fuel fill (pipe) to (hose) adapters

I have new fuel fills for our sailboat that are 1 1/2" NPT (National Pipe Thread). These, as you probably know, are 1 3/4" O.D. (outside diameter). I need to connect these to 1 1/2" hose to connect to my fuel tanks. Do you know where I can purchase brass barbed fittings that are for 1 1/2" hose that have 1 1/2" (male) NPT (national pipe threads) on the other end? Thanks for your help. Peter

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome