SailNet Community - Reply to Topic
Thread: Log book requirement for Six Pack Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Click here to view the posting rules you are bound to when clicking the
'Submit Reply' button below

  Topic Review (Newest First)
06-05-2011 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by rjcaudle View Post
Regarding the coastguard form, how many hours constitutes a day of service on your own vesse?

4 hrs, time spent working on vessel in prep for departure counts also.
06-05-2011 10:18 AM

Regarding the coastguard form, how many hours constitutes a day of service on your own vesse?

04-28-2009 03:07 PM
Six pack license form

Go to the US Coastguard site for the form CG-719S This is where you record all the hours of sea service.You sign off on your own sea service on a boat that you own or owned, but you will need to attach a copy of proof (ownership, insurance etc) If the service is on someone els's boat that owner or party must sign the form. In fact you can find all the forms & info on their site. I went thru a mariner school, where they collated all the paperwork which basically comes from the US coast guard site. I just got mine in January and then discovered you will need to throw another 100 to 135 to the gov't for a TWIC card-Homeland security clearance for all merchant mariners and transport drivers. So look forward to more paper work. I did not hire anybody to fill out all the paperwork for the license you can easily do it yourself if you can follow directions.
04-28-2009 03:02 PM
bubb2 every form you need

Credentials Forms - USCG National Maritime Center
04-28-2009 02:51 PM
sailingdog Are you talking about proof of hours? If they are on your own boat, your boat's log book should suffice. If they are on someone else's boat, I believe you need a letter or statement from them documenting what hours you were on watch.
04-28-2009 02:35 PM
Log book requirement for Six Pack

I understand that I'll need to present some form of log book when going for my Captain's License (aka Six Pack).

In what form does this need to be? Can I just log it un my computer or does it have to be on paper? What information are they looking for? Does it need to be witnessed?


Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome