|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|06-12-2009 08:30 PM|
|sailingdog||Good to hear the problems were relatively simple and inexpensive. Fair winds labatt.|
|06-12-2009 02:24 PM|
|labatt||Turns out the generator was just a clogged water intake. We blew it out with a dinghy pump and we're good - hopefully no impeller damage, but the flow looks like it should. The short in the nav lights was in the run between our anchor locker and through our bow pulpit. We jury rigged a new pair of wires for now so we can have lights and we'll fix them the right way when we have time to pull our bow pulpit off. Anyway, we're outta here and on our way to Charleston - about 400nm and we should hopefully be there Sunday evening. The SPOT is on...|
|06-12-2009 10:47 AM|
|camaraderie||Labatt...sent a comment to your blog on options if the generator is NOT a simple fix there. Check it out. Fair winds!!|
|06-12-2009 03:38 AM|
labatt, if you make it up to the chessy with the lights still being wonky i can look at em, either annapolis, rock hall, or baltimore inner harbor. i am cheap, i work for soda.
i am not a true boat sparky but a master sparky on land, who is pretty good at trouble shooting, and decent on boats too.
|06-11-2009 08:39 PM|
|labatt||They are NASTY here! My son came on the boat 20 minutes ago - they have fruit flies here, but they BITE! His first introduction... Of course they just raised rates here - $3.05/ft + $24 for power + $15 (mandatory) for water. It was $2/foot two weeks ago. Nice amenities though! We have an electrician coming in the morning, so hopefully we'll be outta here by 11am, Bahamian time.|
|06-11-2009 05:27 PM|
|camaraderie||Well...at least you are in a nice place! Watch out for the no seeums though!|
|06-11-2009 03:34 PM|
|labatt||Had a couple of issues including the fact that our nav lights have a short, plus the buddy boat we were with had engine issues, so we slowed down to be able to assist if necessary (which is the good thing about buddy boating). They ended up JUST making it into a boatyard that we contacted via our satellite phone - a bearing on their fresh water pump went. We're working on getting an electrician here this afternoon to help us track down this short - we just can't find it - and then we're hoping to head out in the morning. We ended up using a Davis Light on the stern and a dinghy red/green suction cup for the bow, but we need to get this sorted out before we spend a few more days at sea.|
|06-11-2009 10:23 AM|
Looks like they may be pulling in to West End Grand Bahama this AM...can think of no other reason they are not using the stream. No bad weather in the forecast.
Here's their SPOT link:
SPOT Shared Page
Will have to wait for an explanation...may be just a fuel stop as winds have been light.
|06-11-2009 09:30 AM|
I have no input on your question but I've been reading your blog off an on for the past couple days. Really well done and very interesting. I think it's great what you're doing and wish you and your family the best of luck.
|06-10-2009 12:18 PM|
|WanderingStar||Wish you better weather than I had last month, and as many smiles.|
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|