SailNet Community - Reply to Topic
Thread: Can it be done in March??? Reply to Thread
Title:
Message:
Trackback:
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.


User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Click here to view the posting rules you are bound to when clicking the
'Submit Reply' button below


  Topic Review (Newest First)
01-31-2010 10:14 AM
Mechsmith I left the Corotoman River 5 Mar 04 headed south. Never got out of longjohns and coveralls till Wilmington. Got back into them in the Cape Fear River and stayed in them til Myrtle Beach. We stayed inside since it was just too cold and uncomfortable and inside we could find a place out of the wind to sleep. I think that may have been unusually cold that spring but I haven't tried it since.
01-29-2010 07:36 PM
sailingdog Just be aware that the Norfolk-Albemarle canal and Alligator River/Pungo River canal are generally hazard ridden and you should stick to the center of the channel if possible. I recently did the trip from Norfolk-to-Belhaven section of it.
01-29-2010 05:16 PM
CaptainForce You might do well to cut inside from Norfolk and out again at Beaufort, NC to cut inside Cape Hatteras and Frying Pan Shoal, especially with the event of weather forecasts. -"Choose Wisely" 'take care and joy, Aythya crew
01-29-2010 04:57 PM
WanderingStar I haven't done the trip in march. But in LI Sound there are often furious storms then. If you do it, stay in range of shelter, and watch the weather closely.
01-29-2010 01:02 PM
Dolby
Can it be done in March???

Im looking for some input on leaving the Delaware Bay heading south in early March. I want to leave Lewes, head south staying within 12nm of shore to the bay bridge tunnel area. From there i would like to keep heading south on the ocean side ending up in Savanah. Is this possible staying on the inside of the stream. I do not really want to take the ICW due to the fact im looking for that warm weather...after studying my charts it looks possible to do this, but I would like some more experienced insight.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome