|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|08-08-2010 01:35 PM|
2. Yes, that is how it was on my C22.
3. Not sure from the pictures, but, could the line floating around at the leech of the sail with the block be a topping lift (used to hold the boom up when the sail is lowered)? It is adjustable so the leech of the sail is not caught. However, it appears the mainsail you have on is a bit small, or possibly the outhaul isn't as tight as it would normally be. The larger cheek block that is more foreward is the one we used for the jiffy reefing setup. It should be directly below the reefing cringle in the sail.
|08-07-2010 08:42 PM|
Knothead, Cap Tim, thank you for the input!
It looks like the lazy jack setup may be something like this:
That is not my boat - its the advertisement for a C-22 lazy jack system.
1. The jibsheets, should they basically rub on the metal posts of the lifelines?
2. Does cleating the outhaul on the boom seem correct?
3. If the unused cheek blocks are for the lazy jack, how would the reefing line work?
Thank you kindly again,
|08-07-2010 06:36 PM|
Originally Posted by CapTim View Post
The unused cheek block are for the lazy jacks which are not led properly in the pictures.
|08-07-2010 06:26 PM|
|CapTim||It looks like maybe you have a pair of 'unused' cheek blocks on the boom... it might be a setup for one-line reefing.|
|08-07-2010 06:05 PM|
Originally Posted by radioguy View Post
|08-07-2010 05:54 PM|
Cat 22 rigging questions
I'm the new owner of a 1979 C-22. I have a few (haha) questions about the rigging. I've taken photos so that you can see what I'm talking about.
In the below image, does this look like the correct rigging for the mainsheet? It seems to work well when I swing the boom out, etc. And I like that it could be adjusted from either end.
In the below image, I'm showing the jib lines. Does it seem to be routed correctly? Also, the thin line is the jib downhaul. Where would you cleat it?
Would you rather these two lines be placed by the jib halyard and all be controlled there?
In the below two images, I'm looking at the clew of the main sail. The line runs through a pulley at the end of the boom and then runs along the boom to a weird kind of non-moving cam (I don't know the name of this thing.) It looks like this is a line I can pull to "stretch the foot" of the sail.
In the below two images, I'm looking at a pulley that hangs off the aft part of the mast. I'm guessing this pulley has a line that runs to the pulley on the boom (in the second picture.) If this is somewhat correct, I can't seem to figure out how to tie the line off. It's just some pulleys.
In the below two images, I'm looking at a line that is hanging off the leach of the main sail. It's a long line, and I don't know what to do with it. I guess it is for reefing. I'm also showing a picture of the boom where a pulley sits that I pulled the line through. Where would it go after that?
Lastly, in the below image, I'm looking at a line hanging off the main sail. Again, I have no idea where this would run to.
Thank you kindly for any input!