|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|08-18-2010 11:47 PM|
2nd vote for Firefox with Adblock installed.
Killed all the banner ads for me and enough of them were extremely annoying that I am a happy camper now.
Lots of little unfulfilled squares show up on my browser now and it comes back QUICKLY.
|08-18-2010 11:01 PM|
I use chrome with no ad issues at all. There ya go Google, my shameless plug for one of your products.
P.S. buy an Android phone.
|08-18-2010 10:56 PM|
the problem can still pop up (ahem) in firefox. I use adblock to block the adds that do that, because there is no other way.
one can only scroll up so far, after all
|08-18-2010 10:14 PM|
Originally Posted by T37SOLARE View Post
Adblock is installed on my browser but I have it turned off for SailNet.
|08-18-2010 09:45 PM|
|T37SOLARE||Don't use Internet Explorer as your web browser, get either Firefox or chrome....|
|08-18-2010 09:41 PM|
|smackdaddy||Since I'm already an accomplished salt I don't see that ad. Can't help you dude.|
|08-18-2010 09:38 PM|
How do I get to new posts?
Is there a special way to get to today's posts when an ad is blocking the links?
1) I tried guessing the position on the pull-down list. That just gave me the ad's link.
2) The close "button" did not close anything, I think it was a trick link to get you to follow the ad (really inappropriate, that spam technique).
3) I thought about going to subscribed threads and simply reading them until the annoying ad went away. Then figured I'd post this instead.
4) Not planning on buying Morton's Sea Salt anytime soon. Annoyed at them actually (misplaced, I'm sure)
5) By the time I got the above screenshot, put it on my ftp site and got ready, the ad was no longer in the way. Is there a set time limit on this blocking?
Argh <--- sound of frustration.