SailNet Community - Reply to Topic
Thread: Inflatable Registration Numbers Reply to Thread
Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces) :
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

  Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Click here to view the posting rules you are bound to when clicking the
'Submit Reply' button below

  Topic Review (Newest First)
01-20-2011 07:58 AM
T37Chef Before you do the paint check these out...


Note, there are two different tyoes, one designed for boats that are in/deflated often, and ones that would typically stay inflated, glued on vs. stick on.

I put a set of stick on, on my new Achilles last year and love em, you can buy the coupon at West Marine. They give a really pro look.
01-20-2011 06:43 AM

Just float them with helium off the transom!
01-20-2011 06:25 AM
remetau I painted our numbers on the dink and attached the state decal on the outside of the transom.
01-20-2011 05:00 AM
SimonV I was woundering if you inflate the numbers before you glue it on or after
01-20-2011 04:30 AM
Minnewaska I have a removable registration plate as a couple suggest above. However, I've been cautioned that they are not legal in some states. I was even told that they aren't legal in my home state of RI, although, I bought it in the chandlery at my marina, so go figure. I haven't bothered looking it up.
01-20-2011 01:08 AM
Bene505 I got flexible, thick "plates" that glue onto the inflatable. On each side, it has a spot for the sticker and the number is printed right on the material.

IIRC, $20 and they work great. If you want to know who made them, let me know and I'll check next time I'm at the boat.

01-19-2011 08:24 PM
danielgoldberg The numbers don't usually inflate, or at least I've never seen that.
01-19-2011 08:19 PM
sailingdog They make mounting plates for the state registration stickers and numbers.
01-19-2011 08:08 PM
JimsCAL Mine (NY) lasted 3 years until the new one had to be put on.
01-19-2011 06:47 PM
Inflatable Registration Numbers

I understand you can paint on your registration numbers with
a special paint designed for inflatables. My question is what do you
do with the State sticker. I would think after a few roll ups it would
be destroyed.

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome