|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|12-21-2012 08:40 PM|
Privateering in Puerto Rico, Caribbean (crew available)
For anyone looking for capable hands on yer beloved sailing yacht: I'm based in Puerto Rico for the forseeable future, available as working crew, for racing, and labor for passage if you've got a good offer. Send me a PM.
* cool head under stress, fond of conversation, wry humor, music, and peaceful silence; will cook sailing upwind; turner of wrenches, reader, serenader of mermaids.
* >6000 nm on offshore passages
* Dock manager, instructor, and safety boat operator at DC Sail (Washington)
* Refit & maintenance experience: DC electrics, basic rigging & mechanical systems, marine plumbing, brightwork
* Traditional tall ship training
* River, lake, and bay-racing experience
* Basic industrial climbing training (knot-based & gear-based)
* (Off the water, I've worked as a bicycle mechanic, creative communications consultant, social worker, educator, lab tech, and some less glamorous service jobs. 26 y'o Kiwi-American male. BA's in History & Psychology.)