SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

sheet to tiller on a wheel

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  seabrookedan 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever rigged a sheet to wheel. I know the ratio is so differrent. You turn a wheel 6 inches and the rudder response is not what it would be on a tiller. Any ideas?

#6 ·
Thx so much for you time. I was about to pull of the wheel and mount the tiller.cld u possibly post a pic or diagram of the whole system, how its hooked up and rigged?im not sure where the lines, blocks go after rt side of your picture. Ive only seen a tiller with a line on each side. Its kinda difficult to get a mental picture of what goes where since both lines go off one side. I thank you again! I cant tell you how many people ive asked in the last 6mnths only to get puzzled looks. Planning to solo sail to maui soon and this exactly the missing puzzle pc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.