SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Niagara Owners

22K views 42 replies 15 participants last post by  MarilynD 
#1 · (Edited)
I am hoping that Niagara 35 owners who have registered here will sign in on this thread so that we can see who is here. I will make a list as names are added. Since this is a public forum, you don't have to give your real name, just your boat name and number. If you are not a Niagara 35 owner, but wish to sign in here, please indicate your boat length.
Marilyn
Bread and Roses

#7 ·
Thanks for the reminder, Gary. I have edited my original post to specify Niagara 35. It was the Niagara 35 list which was cancelled and changed to this forum. Other Niagaras (26, 31) have a list a Yahoo, which has not been cancelled. Of course, any Niagara owner is welcome but we may focus mainly on the 35s. We are still trying to decide if this is the best site for our group.
Are you an owner? or a potential owner?
Marilyn
Bread and Roses
N35E #199

#8 ·
Barry, we have a list of Niagara 35s that was compiled when we were using our former email list. You are not on our list but we would be happy to add you to our list if you are a 35-owner. Do you have a 35 or is your boat another length?
Marilyn
Bread and Roses
N35E #199

#10 ·
Hi Gary
I am the coordinator of the Niagara35 owners' roster (over 60 members so far). We are always searching for new owners. Ask your friend if he wants to join the roster. Members (all over Canada and the US) on the roster have met as they travel in their boats. Send me a private message with his email address if he is interested and I will contact him directly.
Marilyn
Bread and Roses

#14 ·
Hello, Leslie of 'Kestrel', N35 #3 here. I have the beginnings of a web site dedicated to the Niagara 35, Untitled Document, but I'm not where I expected to be in terms of getting it up. My summer is just about over and I am looking forward to putting some attention back to it. I have thought of it more of a resource than a forum-type site, be nice to have it all in one spot. I'm due to talk to the website people the first of September, I could make some inquiries.BP Update

#15 ·
Hello Group and Goodbye Bad Diesel fuel

Well, Margaret Dawn is here!
I spent last weekend emptying the 25 gal tank of old diesel and replacing it with 140.00 worth of new stuff and added conditioner. I also hauled the tank out and cleaned it. Good tip if you ever have to do it -- after washing and trying to dry (I used a hair dryer for a while) swish out with methyl hydrate to get the last moisture. Anyways, you wouldn't believe the crud in the old tank after 13 years. Now I have clean, conditioned fuel and the engine is running better. Now to go sailing and leave the "auxiliary" on (hopefully) reliable standby.

Dennis
ps Thanks to Marilyn for doing the research on our connectivity!

#20 ·
I just sent Marilyn a direct email as follows:
I have been a member of Yahoo for some time and find the calendar reminder program very valuable for my family. I have also been on the Niagara list at Yahoo for several years. I just added photos to the Yahoo Niagara page and it was easy and quite good.

You might quiz the group regarding doing a separate Yahoo group concentrated on the Niagara 35 model. The existing group is heavily oriented to the N26 and 31 racers.

The bottom line is 1) Yahoo will work, 2) do a separate Niagara 35 group, and 3) the sailnet forum will also work. I will go with the flow!

#21 ·
Niagara 35 at Yahoo

Hi John,
I have set up a Niagara 35 list at Yahoo but it has not gone through the "official channels" yet. When it is ready to be used, I will post information as to how to sign up.
We can keep both going for a while, perhaps indefinitely, if most want both available.
Marilyn
Bread and Roses

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.