SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   North American Yachts (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/north-american-yachts/)
-   -   Bimini top (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/north-american-yachts/86066-bimini-top.html)

JUST MESSIN WITH IT 04-11-2012 11:08 AM

Bimini top

I am prepping the boat for the redneck yacht club party in two weeks.
I would like to fit a bimini top. I can see from pictures where others have successfully fitted them. Im thinking width wise about 70 to 74 inches, but i am not sure about the height. I have seen several different height models, but without putting the mast and boom up in my back yard , im only guessing at height.

Anybody ave one can tell me the height?

steveinflorida@cfl.rr.com

GoodOldBoater 04-15-2012 10:18 AM

Re: Bimini top

Once I splash the boat I'll measure it up - but having the mast and boom up is the key. The Bimini needs to clear the boom and be forward enough to clear the back of the boom.

JUST MESSIN WITH IT 04-15-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodOldBoater (Post 858829)
Once I splash the boat I'll measure it up - but having the mast and boom up is the key. The Bimini needs to clear the boom and be forward enough to clear the back of the boom.

I ended up putting the mast and boom up in the back yard. If i sit it on the high part of the cockpit side its 40 inches , if i go to the outer its 44 inches. I nended up buying a 46 inch high by 98 wide and 6 foot long . I shall move it around and alter the height as needed when it gets here. Just got to make sure i go foward enough to clean the main sheet when the boom goes out.

Dont suppose you have pictures of how your boom vang is set up ... when i bought the boat it doesnt seem to have the fittings for a vang.

steve

Southron Spirit 04-17-2012 07:56 AM

would like to see some good pictures of this installed also where did you buy it from
tia
SS

JUST MESSIN WITH IT 04-17-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southron Spirit (Post 859592)
would like to see some good pictures of this installed also where did you buy it from
tia
SS

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

thanks a link for the bimini top.

JUST MESSIN WITH IT 04-17-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodOldBoater (Post 858829)

Well i managed to get the bimini up . Had to reduce the height by about 4 inches to make it fit properly.

Not sure i have it in the same palce as others ive seen , but it sure makes it awkward getting to the bow.

blobaugh 06-08-2012 04:16 PM

Pictures?