SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Greetings + Holland, Denmark question

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Christian Winkler 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I've been sailing for 3 years and belong to a club on the Chesapeake.

I've been meaning to become involved here for some time, but for now there's a specific issue I want to address, so forgive me for cutting to the chase.

I suddenly find myself with two weeks off -- and unexpectedly alone. I've been thinking of visiting some friends in Northern Europe.

Here's the question: Does anyone know of a sailing tour, or sailing school that offers *participatory* sailing around Denmark or Holland, perhaps passage from one to the other. I've seen these sort of pay-to-crew options offered here in the states but don't know where to look abroad.

Or -- anyone know people sailing in that area who wouldn't mind an extra hand?

I would rate my skills as low-intermediate. Coursework through ASA 104. Sailed in the Chesapeake, BVIs and Santa Monica Bay. No overnight passages yet.

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer.

See less See more
#2 ·
Maybe I can help you

Hi, I am registered in a big german speaking sailing-forum and there are some people looking for crew (non commercial), right now. I have only one problem: being a new member I´m not so familiar with communication tools used in SailNet to install direct connection immediately.
:confused:
I could only try to invite these people to visit your post and answer to it directly. But for doing so I should know when you want to travel. Your post is already one week old - maybe you left in the meantime? If not please give information about the dates of your vacation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.