SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Any Given Weekend-Broken Bay, Sydney, Australia

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  austintoday 
#1 · (Edited)
It is A Friday afternoon.
I've loaded the car with carefully selected provisions, the emergency roll of toilet paper, and a cheeky bottle of something real nice. I drive up to our Marina it is is maybe 30 min out of town, I top the tanks, and get the boat ready while I wait for Josie to finish work. The NE is building as it always does most afternoons in summer. This will mean an upwind slog but so be it. Josie arrives and we slip the lines and sail out into the sunset.......

Our destination? We are in the local cruising grounds of Broken Bay, Sydney. Ok it is not the most exotic cruising in the world, but until we become 'real' cruisers this is our little bit of paradise. Easily accessible for us for just weekend yet it can be worlds from anywhere.

Friday night we just pick up a mooring somewhere close by in Pittwater. A sheltered little bay with a few other yachts. Coaster's retreat, or Taylor's point are favourites.

'Calypso chook' goes on the BBQ. Chicken marinaded in a combiation of herbs, orange juice, soy and dijon mustard. a quick salad and a bottle of New Zealand Wine as we watch the sun set.

The next day we set sail for Refuge Bay.

With a free running waterfall it was also where Alot of Aussie troops waited to set sail during world war 2. A popular spot, we always find that if you hit it on the right day it can still fell like the middle of nowhere.

Josie liked meeting the local ducks while I read a good book.

What can I say?? This is the 'busy' cruising spot. We have been here endless times but still find it special.

This is our little bit of paradise, where we come on our little boat to hang out, get to know each other again and live life as it was intended.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.