Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > Destinations > Oceania
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2009
No longer on Sailnet

chall03 will become famous soon enough
Any Given Weekend-Broken Bay, Sydney, Australia

It is A Friday afternoon.
I’ve loaded the car with carefully selected provisions, the emergency roll of toilet paper, and a cheeky bottle of something real nice. I drive up to our Marina it is is maybe 30 min out of town, I top the tanks, and get the boat ready while I wait for Josie to finish work. The NE is building as it always does most afternoons in summer. This will mean an upwind slog but so be it. Josie arrives and we slip the lines and sail out into the sunset.......

Our destination? We are in the local cruising grounds of Broken Bay, Sydney. Ok it is not the most exotic cruising in the world, but until we become ‘real’ cruisers this is our little bit of paradise. Easily accessible for us for just weekend yet it can be worlds from anywhere.

Friday night we just pick up a mooring somewhere close by in Pittwater. A sheltered little bay with a few other yachts. Coaster’s retreat, or Taylor’s point are favourites.

‘Calypso chook’ goes on the BBQ. Chicken marinaded in a combiation of herbs, orange juice, soy and dijon mustard. a quick salad and a bottle of New Zealand Wine as we watch the sun set.

The next day we set sail for Refuge Bay.

With a free running waterfall it was also where Alot of Aussie troops waited to set sail during world war 2. A popular spot, we always find that if you hit it on the right day it can still fell like the middle of nowhere.

Josie liked meeting the local ducks while I read a good book.

What can I say?? This is the 'busy' cruising spot. We have been here endless times but still find it special.

This is our little bit of paradise, where we come on our little boat to hang out, get to know each other again and live life as it was intended.

'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing' - Helen Keller

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by chall03; 11-23-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-23-2009

St Anna is on a distinguished road
What a great weeekend. Doesn't get any better than that. You can be 5 or 500 miles away and still get the same feeling. We might end up down there in a few months. Looks perfect.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by St Anna; 11-23-2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-23-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Wow!! That is really beautiful Chall. Very, very nice.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 11-23-2009
No longer on Sailnet

chall03 will become famous soon enough
St Anna, can be busy around January but still beautiful.
I will put a couple of beers in the icebox just in case

Thanks Smack, I will do a thread of our sailing in Italy last month as well when I have time..

'Life is either a daring adventure or nothing' - Helen Keller

Old 11-23-2009
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Oh yeah, I forgot about that one! Sweet. I look forward to it.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 11-24-2009

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Chall,

Nice little corner of the world you've got there!

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Old 11-12-2013

austintoday is on a distinguished road
Re: Any Given Weekend-Broken Bay, Sydney, Australia

Great to stumble in post, your destinations are really spectacular with scenery on Im glad to take a travel from that place. Great place too for sailing adventures!