New Member Introduction
I’m new to the group but not new to O’Day or to sailing.
My wife, Sandy, and I have visited most of the notable anchorages on the Chesapeake Bay during our more than 30+ years of Chesapeake cruising. We have also chartered extensively in the Caribbean out of the BVI, St. Martin, St. Lucia, Grenada and Trinidad.
Our boat is still in excellent condition and has been extensively upgraded. All work was DIY. Projects have included:
· Complete replacement of the back end of the electrical system including high capacity alternator, new electrical panel, triple GR-31 house battery bank inverter/charger and controller, etc.
· Construction of large refrigerator aft side of the galley and replacement of forward ice box with storage.
· Replacement of 12 gal holding tank with 24 gal unit (get out the saber saw).
· Installation of davits.
· Conversion of most hanging lockers with shelves (much more efficient).
· Many other minor changes.
We’ve taken the boat down the Chesapeake Bay and ICW and explored the smaller islands of The Bahamas for the winter, an eight month trip. The detailed log with many photos are presented on my website at http://weewillystine.net
I’m happy to share what I know.
1983 O’Day 34, Whistwind, purchased new
Berthed on Chesapeake Bay in Rock Hall, MD
on the web at Bill & Sandy Stine
I don't get to this board much...
So a belated welcome! Where in Rock Hall do you keep your boat? I have an O'Day 32' CC up on the hard at Lankford Bay, on Davis Creek off of the Chester River, getting ready to do some bottom work and then do a barrier coat with MAS epoxies and Pettit Hydrocoat over that. BTW, can you tell me what is involved with removing the rudder on a 1978 O'Day 32' CC? I figure since I'm trying to do proper maintenance on a neglected bottom, I want to be able to work unimpeded by the rudder, and also do the rudder off the boat. I also want to barrier-coat the inside of the centerboard trunk, which I expect to be a regular bear of a job. In any case, Welcome!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012