SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

30' O'day

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  wescarroll 
#1 ·
I was wondering if someone could tell me the length of the cockpit in the 30' O'days, circa 1977-1984. Also what do you think are the comforts of doing weekend sails on board with say 4 adults vs. 6 adults? I'd like to find a 30' boat that could do day sails comfortably with 6 adults, but also have the nice accomodations of something like the 30 O'day or perhaps the Pearson 303.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Ippa I've a O30 and it's great for me and a friend or two. It can sleep six, one in the coffin bunk, one on the main bunk . and the salon table drops down to make a bed for 2 and the vee berth sleeps2 the cockpit is small for even 4 people. I would not want to have 6 people onboard my boat even if we were all very very close friends or family. a catalina30 is huge compared to a Oday 30 if you want a beamy boat.
hope this helps!
Denise

#3 ·
Oday 30

The cockpit is small, 6 people won't fit comfortably in the cockpit, but 4 will. Put one on deck or below, and one on the wheel well there you go. Down below 4, ok but 6 and someone will get stepped on or something similar over night. It is kind of like putting the rated number of people in a camping tent, they will fit, but less is better. For entertaining though, not over night(unless inebreated), it has plenty of room. Good headroom, and the ability to pass without having to sit down, in port any way. I have the dinette version, the setee version may or may not handle more bodies, I don't know. 6 is a good party but crouded 3 night weekend. This is my best shortest answer to the question. Now on how she sails, wonderfully and I wouldn't trade her for any thing else, she suits me and my wife quite well. Wes Carroll

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.