SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

NORDICA owners unite

25K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  boatpoker 
#1 ·
Greetings from Barrie, Ontario ( one hour north of Toronto ) where we just had a nasty taste of winter already ( 15cms of :mad: )
Anyways, have been lurking on here for a bit and noticed that besides akoutdoors and myself, the Nordica or Halman seem to be under-represented.

Granted, both models are over 20 y/o and the largest mfg'd was 30ft but surely there are other members out there.

So, I post this thread in order to acknowledge them ( and get my post count up:D )

Kind regards,
DJ Simec

#7 ·
Nordica Owners

You should have a look at the Nordica 16 discussion group in Yahoo groups. More than 140 Nordica 16 owners and enthusiasts, 900 messages, over 400 N-16 pics.
The group welcomes anyone interested in the N-16!
This group will not allow me to post the URL until I get my post count up but if you go to aich tea tea pee://groups.yahoo.com/group/Nordica16/ you can fiund it!

#8 ·
Nordica 16 discussion group

Just an update on the Nordica 16 group. The site now has more than 200 members with over 2000 postings. The databases include sale prices of over 60 Nordicas and a listing of Nordicas currently available.

Nordica owners and others interested are encouraged to join at the URL which starts with http: and ends with
:/groups.yahoo.com/group/Nordica16/]Nordica16 : Nordica 16 Sailboats[/url]

#11 ·
Hi fellow sailors ...
I am one of those Nordica 16 owners...
proud and impatient ...
In Bathurst today, it's -25 degrees Celcius and "Amber Dawn" is
sleeping in our garage.
She is due for some major renovations this spring and I can hardly wait ...
I notice when some owners say thay are "newbies", they really mean sailing less than 10 years but with lots of hours on the water. Well, I'm newer than that, so I'll call myself a novice.
We bought the Nordica this past summer, about halfway through the season ... had a great time and are looking forward to our second season.
I am looking for an article I saw last year abvout some sailor who mouted his outboard in the cockpit. Can't seem to find it ... Doe anyone know where?
It's just a thought since, with the canoe stern, out 5hp Honda is way out there and I feel like I'm halway out of the boat thrying to handle the motor.

- Fred in Bathurst

#13 ·
Across the lake?
Am just planning my renovations to the "Amber Dawn" ... new paint job, new outboard bracket ... spring loaded, new cabin and cockpit cushions, installing new electrics, lighting, GPS and depth sounder and an automatic electric bilge pump under the cockpit floor (tired of wet feet). That's most of it. With our weatehr the way it is now, I hop eto be on the water in Bathurst the 1st of June. Love the boat ... something larger would be more comfortable but the Nordica is paid for so that'a a bonus.
How do you like the Nordica?
I didn't get a chance to sail in heavy winds last year so am looking forward to that this year... I'm told the weather cannot be too strong for this little boat. It's certainly solid.
I'm posting a pic a pic ... relaxing in the bow!

- Fred

#14 ·
Nordica 16 motor bracket

I am about to become the proud owner of a Nordica 16 as soon as the weather up north clears and I can get to the north shore of Superior to pick her up. I have one question. Does anyone have a diagram or a photo of the motor bracket that was an option. Mine dosen't have it and I need to put a kicker on her. Thanks Jim Western Michigan 1-616-843-5999 text/photo enabled

#15 ·
Nordica 16 motor bracket

I am about to become the proud owner of a Nordica 16 as soon as the weather up north clears and I can get to the north shore of Superior to pick her up. I have one question. Does anyone have a diagram or a photo of the motor bracket that was an option. Mine dosen't have it and I need to put a kicker on her. Thanks Jim Western Michigan 1-616-843-5999 text/photo enabled
did you find a photo? I have a 16 and it seems yo have the og motor bracket. Do you have a picture of tge mast strp? I posted earlier this evening about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.