SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Forum Announcement!

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Cruisingdad 
#1 ·
THIS Forum will be used for owners of specific brands of boats that are not otherwise represented on boat builders row. Here you can meet other owners of your BRAND and pose questions and answers for THAT brand. Should interest in this forum be robust for a particular brand we will consider giving it a separate place on Boat Builders Row.
Enjoy!

#8 ·
I think the intention was to provide a place to ask for help / post help for boats that there are not a gazillion of out there.
If you need information on a Catalina or Hunter there are thousands out there that have one. Maybe "Orphan" isn't the right term but "boats of less than 500 hull numbers" gets a little long. Orphan works for me.
Then again maybe I am wrong.

#9 ·
CKD...exactly right...we have separate sections on boat builders row for all the major brands. If you look at the posts for each brand there is very little activity...yet we still get requests to have a place for brands with far fewer boats to have a place of their own. So...the "orphan" thread will provide an alternate place to gather for small groups of owners and if and brand proves enough interest...we can start a separate place for them.
Most owners simply post their questions on the main boards...so I don't see this as a big deal...merely a way to accommodate the desires of some of our members.

#10 ·
This thread has become a heavy SPAM target. In general, I would move the thread. However, it seems most of the relevant info has been covered. As such, I am going to lock this thread.

If you have a specific question here, you may start up another thread in this forum.

- CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.