Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Orphan Brands
 Not a Member? 

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
New Forum Announcement!

THIS Forum will be used for owners of specific brands of boats that are not otherwise represented on boat builders row. Here you can meet other owners of your BRAND and pose questions and answers for THAT brand. Should interest in this forum be robust for a particular brand we will consider giving it a separate place on Boat Builders Row.
Enjoy!
Old 02-05-2008
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
I doth protest! Although not at the original plant, CS is back in business, building boats, and has the old molds in their posession. AND is on T37chef's builder list.

Vaya con Dios

Last edited by bestfriend; 02-05-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-05-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
I didn't say that boat mfrs. have to be defunct. Just not on the list due to lack of interest! Mssrs. Hinckley and Morris might be similarly miffed. Get some of your homeless buddies to chime in and you may get a space of yer own!!
Old 02-05-2008
ASA and PSIA Instructor

sailingfool will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfriend View Post
I doth protest! Although not at the original plant, CS is back in business, building boats, and has the old molds in their posession. AND is on T37chef's builder list.
BF (Bob),

As you know, there is a very active CS owners group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CSOA/ and I don't think a second forum would serve much benefit.
Old 02-05-2008

breta is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Category "Orphan Brands" ?

Hey Moderator,

The oceans are full of "orphan brands" - and the net is full of "orphan forums".

See Ya !
Old 02-05-2008
moderate?

Huh? Are you complaining about something?
Old 02-05-2008
Hitchin' a ride

bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough bestfriend is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfool View Post
BF (Bob),

As you know, there is a very active CS owners group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CSOA/ and I don't think a second forum would serve much benefit.

Well, I guess the masses have spoken.

Vaya con Dios
Old 02-06-2008
Certified Old Fart

CKDK08 is on a distinguished road
I think the intention was to provide a place to ask for help / post help for boats that there are not a gazillion of out there.
If you need information on a Catalina or Hunter there are thousands out there that have one. Maybe "Orphan" isn't the right term but "boats of less than 500 hull numbers" gets a little long. Orphan works for me.
Then again maybe I am wrong.
Old 02-06-2008
moderate?

CKD...exactly right...we have separate sections on boat builders row for all the major brands. If you look at the posts for each brand there is very little activity...yet we still get requests to have a place for brands with far fewer boats to have a place of their own. So...the "orphan" thread will provide an alternate place to gather for small groups of owners and if and brand proves enough interest...we can start a separate place for them.
Most owners simply post their questions on the main boards...so I don't see this as a big deal...merely a way to accommodate the desires of some of our members.
Old 01-19-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
This thread has become a heavy SPAM target. In general, I would move the thread. However, it seems most of the relevant info has been covered. As such, I am going to lock this thread.

If you have a specific question here, you may start up another thread in this forum.

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Closed Thread