New Forum Announcement! - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 02-05-2008 Thread Starter
moderate?

New Forum Announcement!

THIS Forum will be used for owners of specific brands of boats that are not otherwise represented on boat builders row. Here you can meet other owners of your BRAND and pose questions and answers for THAT brand. Should interest in this forum be robust for a particular brand we will consider giving it a separate place on Boat Builders Row.
Enjoy!

No longer posting. Reach me by PM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-05-2008
Hitchin' a ride

I doth protest! Although not at the original plant, CS is back in business, building boats, and has the old molds in their posession. AND is on T37chef's builder list.

Great men always have too much sail up. - Christopher Buckley

Vaya con Dios

Last edited by bestfriend; 02-05-2008 at 03:48 PM.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-05-2008 Thread Starter
moderate?

I didn't say that boat mfrs. have to be defunct. Just not on the list due to lack of interest! Mssrs. Hinckley and Morris might be similarly miffed. Get some of your homeless buddies to chime in and you may get a space of yer own!!

post #4 of 10 Old 02-05-2008
ASA and PSIA Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfriend View Post
I doth protest! Although not at the original plant, CS is back in business, building boats, and has the old molds in their posession. AND is on T37chef's builder list.
BF (Bob),

As you know, there is a very active CS owners group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CSOA/ and I don't think a second forum would serve much benefit.

Certified...in several regards...
post #5 of 10 Old 02-05-2008

Thumbs down Category "Orphan Brands" ?

Hey Moderator,

The oceans are full of "orphan brands" - and the net is full of "orphan forums".

See Ya !
post #6 of 10 Old 02-05-2008 Thread Starter
moderate?

Huh? Are you complaining about something?

post #7 of 10 Old 02-05-2008
Hitchin' a ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingfool View Post
BF (Bob),

As you know, there is a very active CS owners group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CSOA/ and I don't think a second forum would serve much benefit.

Well, I guess the masses have spoken.

Great men always have too much sail up. - Christopher Buckley

Vaya con Dios
post #8 of 10 Old 02-06-2008
Certified Old Fart

I think the intention was to provide a place to ask for help / post help for boats that there are not a gazillion of out there.
If you need information on a Catalina or Hunter there are thousands out there that have one. Maybe "Orphan" isn't the right term but "boats of less than 500 hull numbers" gets a little long. Orphan works for me.
Then again maybe I am wrong.

"Beyond here there be Monsters".......Captain Barbosa
post #9 of 10 Old 02-06-2008 Thread Starter
moderate?

CKD...exactly right...we have separate sections on boat builders row for all the major brands. If you look at the posts for each brand there is very little activity...yet we still get requests to have a place for brands with far fewer boats to have a place of their own. So...the "orphan" thread will provide an alternate place to gather for small groups of owners and if and brand proves enough interest...we can start a separate place for them.
Most owners simply post their questions on the main boards...so I don't see this as a big deal...merely a way to accommodate the desires of some of our members.

post #10 of 10 Old 01-19-2009
Best Looking MALE Mod

This thread has become a heavy SPAM target. In general, I would move the thread. However, it seems most of the relevant info has been covered. As such, I am going to lock this thread.

If you have a specific question here, you may start up another thread in this forum.

- CD

Sailnet Moderator

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.