SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Bombay Clipper 31

47K views 61 replies 16 participants last post by  sostrom88 
#1 ·
Anybody have any of the Bombay Clipper models?

#59 ·
Hi Alex, thanks for your message. I have not posted enough to send you a PM, so maybe this will work! I remember how excited I was to find other clipperites here, we are a small orphan community! The previous owner of 'Far Cry' was helpful and encouraging when I found him here. We also found a sister ship in south FL and went to see her as she was repowered with electric.

Our one year project has dragged into three years now, but she's in the backyard at our daughter's house so we don't have to travel to work on her BUT we also don't have to 'rush'. We bought a Thunderstruck electric motor but not the batteries yet, we are looking for a marine electrician or even an RV electrician to help us out. One positive of a slow refit: the batteries and solar keep getting better and less expensive, lol.

We have pix of our progress on a blog somewhere that I can share AND we even found and spoke with the original owners, that was inspiring! We are in central FL where are you located? I can't wait to hear about your gal! Feel free to move this conversation to email if you like laura at wowva dot com ~Cheers, Laura & Jeff

#60 ·
OK...I know this is an old thread but I wanted to chime in and say that I too am the happy owner of a Bombay Clipper 31, 1976 vintage. Located in Michigan and currently sailing her on Lake St. Clair. My boat is in good condition, seems to be water tight and is a pleasure to sail.

#62 · (Edited by Moderator)
OK...I know this is an old thread but I wanted to chime in and say that I too am the happy owner of a Bombay Clipper 31, 1976 vintage. Located in Michigan and currently sailing her on Lake St. Clair. My boat is in good condition, seems to be water tight and is a pleasure to sail.
Dave63 - are you still sailing Lake St. Clair? I just bought a Bombay 31 (1979). i'm at North Star Sail Club.. it would be a hoot to have two of them our on the heart of the Great Lakes..