SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

International Yacht Corporation

16K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Damien 
#1 ·
Hey, anyone heard of International Yacht Corporation? I've got a 1977 I23 Club Racer; we've been able to find very little information on these boats.

#6 ·
Helson

International Yacht Corporation is also known as Helson. They made boats between 1973-1978. They are fantastic boats. I have a 22' Helson. It is fully restored including new paint. I will post pictures to see if we are talking about the same boats, but i am almost positive that I am correct. I am looking for a spinnaker for this boat if anyone has any good ideas. I am looking for used because they are obviously over priced. Thanks!

#13 ·
International 23 displacement

We're looking at an International 23 with a view to trailering it. Like everyone else, we're having trouble getting information about these boats. Does anyone know their displacement? I want to tow it with a Ford Explorer, and need to know the weight.

#23 ·
Hi,

I have a 1976 International Yachts HMS 23 pilot house version, I believe there were only 5 made with the stand up high cabin, same bottom hull mold as the 23, Bought it on ebay for 5K in 2004 trailered it home to Daytona area from Chesapeke bay, MD, has a Yanmar 1GM10 diesel inboard, wheel steering, super cool trailer sailor! I have lots of pics of the upgrades I have done...

Damien

damienesmond at G mail dot com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.