SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Clipper Marine 21

9K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Cope44 
#1 ·
Ok, Folks go easy. This is my first post here and I know some, if not most of you dislike the clippers. :eek:

I have a 1971 Clipper Marine 21 swing keel. I'm fixing her up for next summer and was wondering what are some notorious problem areas?

I have read about the construction being poor, flimsy decks, poor deck to hull seals, leaky keel trunks, and bolts, What else am I missing?

I will be sailing the boat in Lake Tahoe CA, and would like make this boat as "seaworthy" as possible.

Some day I dream of owning one of the proud blue watter yachts, But for now this little lady should take me around the lake and teach me what I want to know.

Ps. If any one here has info regarding sailing on the lake I would love to hear it. Even more so if any of you sail on the lake, I would be more than happy to
do what ever it takes to go sailing with someone experienced on Tahoe.

Thanks for looking, and having such a great source of info.
Cope

See less See more
#2 ·
Zang. I just read the design and construction sticky.

I thought my post had more to do with the design and construction than "Buying a boat"

I am looking for "Design and Construction" weakness/ areas that may need attention.

Please move this thread to where it is best suited.

Cope

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.