Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Orphan Brands
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2011

nervous wreck is on a distinguished road
bashmaki, i picked up a 79 23' in Texas for 3200 in usuable shape, 3600 if you count the gas used to go get it, added some paint here and there, touched up the brightwork and had her in the gulf 3 times in 3 footers with the swing keel stuck up with no issues, awesome boat. She will almost sail herself. The only complaint is the amount of beer she consumes in a day.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-05-2011

mouser370 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by windyway View Post
It depends on the year of the boat the 2 last numbers of the hull is the year. Early winches were in the cabin on the port side berth, later ones where in the cockpit forward port side of seat, near the companionway.
here is are pics of the boat, took a photo of the serial? on the back of the boat
Old 07-05-2011

blobaugh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by windyway View Post
Well my boat is moored in Blaine WA. Not too far away. Where did you buy her from? What's the hull # ? These are GREAT boats. You'll love her soon!
Windyway - wierd, I did not get an email that there was a response posted until today, 2 pages of comments later....

She is WN9298JR

I am assuming when you say Blaine is not too far you mean that it is pretty far. If you are up near the border like Google thinks you are then it would take you a couple days to get to me. I picked her up in Everett and I made the trip to Bremerton in a few days making about 5 hour hops.
Old 07-05-2011

pics of the boat serial num

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser370 View Post
here is are pics of the boat, took a photo of the serial? on the back of the boat
so here we go
Attached Thumbnails
Calling All North American Spirit 23 Owners-100_1755.jpg   Calling All North American Spirit 23 Owners-100_1753.jpg   Calling All North American Spirit 23 Owners-100_1735.jpg   Calling All North American Spirit 23 Owners-100_1746.jpg   Calling All North American Spirit 23 Owners-100_1749.jpg  

Old 07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser370 View Post
Oops, I gave the wrong number then

mouser370 looks like you've got your work cut out for you. Are you in Washington State by chance?
Old 07-05-2011

project boat

I have pressure washed it since these pics and she looks much better, The original question was based on the age of the boat where did the winch for the center board go
Old 07-05-2011

the boat looks much better since I washed her. The original questions was based on the date of the boat which I believe to be 1973, where did the center board winch go.
Old 07-06-2011

Weird, I swear I replied to this earlier today and the last couple items in this thread are missing for me now.

mouser370 - The winch on my '77 is in the port locker in the cockpit. It is closest to the cabin on the right side of the locker. I will _try_ to remember to take a pic for you this evening (bad memory. forgot my good memory(phone) at home). These boats seem to have an issue with breaking the centerboard cables. Too much tension. I think windyway designed a fix for it.

windyway - Could you provide us with drawings or a pic of your alterations? I will need to do that on mine too. My cable is currently broken with the centerboard down.
Old 07-22-2011

has any one got any info on the NA 23. Ive got the owners manual, but I need info on the center board winch location, the location of the galley and what composed the galley, the wiring panel location etc. the boat is a total wash on the inside and any info available on this boat is appreciated , go to page 18 to see photos of the boat and you can see what a challenge it will be
Old 07-22-2011

mouser370, do you have berths that extend the length of the cockpit on both sides? My '77 in starboard side only. That would explain why you have not been able to find a winch in the port cockpit locker. If this is still on the trailer you should be able to start from the center board and look for a hole. Send a piece of wire through the hole and you will find where your winch should be. There should be a hole and mounting brackets(or at least holes) where the winch is as well.