Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Orphan Brands
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2009

sailnnut is on a distinguished road
Offshore 33 owners

I have an Offshore 33 Sloop. I don't have much info on it, other than it was built in St. Pete area from 1980 to 1984 or so until the luxury tax killed it like so many boat builders. My friend has an Allmond 31 and has a member list of other owners. I am looking for one for the Offshore. It is a great boat, but I don't have much info on it. Is it the only type other than the cat ketch rig, is it the only size, how many were made, how many are left? I know of three, one came threw my marina but was a cat ketch, and one for sale in Sarasota area. Help if you can. Thank's
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-17-2009

slocum2 is on a distinguished road
sloop rig

I have an Offshore 33, sloop rig. I bought it in Greenport, LI four years ago and love it. Very roomy and comfortable. Just right for my use. I haven't been able to find out anything about the boat either.
I am replaced all the seacocks last year and this year will rebuild most of the inside woodwork which was rotting from leaky ports.

She's a good looking boat!
Old 01-18-2009

Thank you for the reply. It seems we have a rare, but great boat. Maybe we need to start our own Offshore owners list. I got mine in Palmeto, Fl. July 05.She hadn't been well takn care of, but i think I got her for a far price at the time. Leeks at the mast hole threw the top rotten some of the teak and holley sole and made a soft spot around the cabin top. Ports leeked a little, but no rot to speek of. New trans. last year, and the 16 hp two lung universal runs good. A bit under powered, even though I put a 3 blade prop on. She isn't a racer, but sails faster than a lot of the boats her size. Lots of storage space, and I love the head location and the big V birth. Nice teak accents, and I often dreem of how good she must of looked new, gleeming like a new penny. Mod keel, 4 ft. draft, great for Fl. waters. thank you again for replying, and if I can help, just ask. Rick
Old 01-21-2009

slocum2 is on a distinguished road
offshore 33

It seems like you bought yours for the same reasons as I did. I agree with the Universal, wish it had more push against the current.

I'd love to have a web page, owners group, not sure how to go about it.

Anthony
Old 01-22-2009

2 Offshore owners

I'm not sure how to start an Offshore 33 site eather, but I'll get my wife to hlep me check into it. It seems it's just you and I for now.
Old 03-31-2010

ybortacoman is on a distinguished road
Mast Size

Good afternoon, guys.

Been reading this forum for quite a while and I have finally settled on a boat.

I found an Cheoy Lee Offshore 33' which need a little work. I have researched but am unable to get the mast size for this model.

Any chance one of you knows the height that the mast for the offshore 33 should be?

I appreciate your assistance.

Sean
Old 04-24-2010

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Yboratcoman,

I think this chain is about a different boat, not a Cheoy Lee Offshore 33 but a brand called Offshore. funny thing is I am looking at both. I can't find much info on the Offshore 33 cat ketch, but you should be able to find lots on the Cheoy Lee!

How Blue Water capable is the "Offshore 33 Cat Ketch" ? I am going to go look at one tomorrow.
Old 11-24-2010

gulfcoastsailor is on a distinguished road
To: Sailnut & Slocum ~ Still have the O-33s? Learned anything about them since your last posts here? Did you guys go thru purchase surveys? Do you know if we are talking balsa core on the O-33? I'm sure you learned that info when replacing seacocks, Slocum. Let me hear from you. Got my eye on one down south.
Old 11-25-2012
Buzzynor

Buzzynor is on a distinguished road
Re: Offshore 33 owners

Hi Offshore 33 owners.
I just bought a 1980 Offshore 33 in Feb. 2012. And like you, I've found very little info on the boat or brand. As far as I know she was built at Clearwater Custom Yachts in Clearwater Florida. But I have found a cat-rigged boat in a pamflet, where they were sold by Offshore Yachts in South Norwalk, CT. They had two other models as well, Offshore 39 and Offshore 45.

Here is a pic of my boat.

Buzzynor.
Attached Thumbnails
Offshore 33 owners-image.jpg  
Old 03-03-2013
Fresh water refugee

katsailor is on a distinguished road
Re: Offshore 33 owners

New Offshore 33 Cat Ketch owner checking in.
I purchased mine last month. Replacing the mighty univeral 5416 with 25HP BETA starting next week then it's on to a bottom job. I am going to remove all the mystery wires and rework the engine space with new paint and soundproofing.
Mine is a little unique in that several thought it was weird that she holds more fuel than water and has a second holding tank. I was asked if it was owned by smugglers?

Are your showers pans routed to the holding tank too?
Do you havve a wishbone or a boom, Mine has the Hood sto-boom boom furling system.

Check out my pictures at https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewA...357841&start=0 and my before I start the restoration photos at https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewA...338289&start=0
Jonl355 and whistlepig1 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S/V Shakti '81 Offshore Cat Ketch 33'

Last edited by katsailor; 03-03-2013 at 07:54 PM.