Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Other Brands
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2011

PJo is on a distinguished road
Congrats on your Yorktown!! It's a fun boat and due to its age, generally requires upgrades and renewed maintenance. Keep a Maintenance Log because you won't remember what you did on her in a year

Takes lots of before and after pictures to add to your Log. Madame Invictus is a great sail and I enjoy her tremendously!! What part of the world are you?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-24-2011

trlrtrsh is on a distinguished road
Talking Answer to Question

Thanks for the comments.
My Goal is to get her ready for extended cruizing. I'm not sure how other Yorktowns are equipped, but mine has a refer/seperate freezer/and an icemaker. I'm in process of getting a watermaker installed, I think I can do most of it, but I have to pull her out once again to install a seperate raw water pickup (The Watermaker manufacture strongly recomends this). All lines are led to the cockpit, and could probably be singlehanded, but I have to find someone to go out with me, docking then trying to jump out of the boat with the center cockpit is a bit too much for this old guy.
The boat is a cruizer, only sleeps 4 freindly people. One deviation from the original layout, the setee was removed/converted to a navststion. If I was designing her, I might do things a bit differently, but all in all, it's layout is pretty good with more than ample storage room.
To answer your question, I dropped my Anchor in Calif. In the Delta east of San Francisco/Oakland.
Old 01-24-2011

PJo is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlrtrsh View Post
Thanks for the comments.
My Goal is to get her ready for extended cruizing. I'm not sure how other Yorktowns are equipped, but mine has a refer/seperate freezer/and an icemaker. I'm in process of getting a watermaker installed, I think I can do most of it, but I have to pull her out once again to install a seperate raw water pickup (The Watermaker manufacture strongly recomends this). All lines are led to the cockpit, and could probably be singlehanded, but I have to find someone to go out with me, docking then trying to jump out of the boat with the center cockpit is a bit too much for this old guy.
The boat is a cruizer, only sleeps 4 freindly people. One deviation from the original layout, the setee was removed/converted to a navststion. If I was designing her, I might do things a bit differently, but all in all, it's layout is pretty good with more than ample storage room.
To answer your question, I dropped my Anchor in Calif. In the Delta east of San Francisco/Oakland.
The interior layout of the Invictus is fore cabin sleeps one, main cabin sleeps 2 comfortably and the Captain's Quarters sleeps two comfortably. This past week-end, I did an oil change, fuel filter change, air filter cleaning, fuel pump switch fabrication and bleeding of the fuel lines for a perfect result, the gentle purring of a Perkines 4-107 engine. Taking her out tonight for a harbor cruise.

I'm in the process of redesigning the galley. I've put so much work into her since I've owned her without logging, really, really bad mistake, so now I'm keeping an active Maintenance Log. Let me know if there is anything I can help with and I'll do so gladly!
Old 11-18-2011

robwilk37 is on a distinguished road
hi guys. i recently acquired a y39 aft cockpit bare hull unfinished kit. fitting out for cruising and would live to chat with other owners about your boats. and happy to buy a copy of the owners manual to have as a reference.
too new to the forum for pm's. reach me directly at robwilk37@hotmail.com
good luck with your boats
Old 01-17-2012

joehixon is on a distinguished road
Let me start out by saying, "Boy am I glad I found you folks."

My SO (significant other) and I bought a Yorktown 33 from Boat Angel on ebay. Paid about $0.21/pound for her. As you can imagine she was in rough shape. I think of her as a pound puppy, a pig-in -a-poke, a rescue boat, a project boat, or a pipe-dream. Not really sure which fits best. First thing we did was find a used ebay Perkins 4108 and traded the old 4107 block for some installation labor. That made her $0.43/pound. A month later we had the installation, alternator, stater, wireharness, engine cut-off, etc fixed. New mainsail, new boom (selden single line reefing), new carpeting, bilge pump, Engine water plumbing to hot water heater, and a few small toys. I think we're at $1/pound. Still a pretty good deal.

Well, maybe. When it rains very hard (we're in Seattle) the hull to deck joint leaks. I think this is a common problem with Hank's boats. It's not terrible, but it's enough to wet the new v-berth mattress my SO made, so it's unacceptable. The water comes in in two places where the bolts attach the deck to the hull. Does anyone have experience with fixing this?

We have a dream to head out the straight of Juan de Fuca and turn left in about a year and a half. I'm not certain that this is the boat we'll take, but I've grown so fond of her. We're still deciding whether or not to make her safe and sell for a profit or try to make her blue water worthy. Any thoughts?
Old 01-17-2012

robwilk37 is on a distinguished road
i was under the impression all models had the hull deck joint glassed, as my 39 is. the leaks are probably coming from the covering/rub rail that was screwed over the seam to hide it. a bit of work to remove and rebed...assuming the po used 5200 or the like. accessing all the nuts will be tough. ive soaked a leaky area with soapy water, turned a shop vac around and had someone on the inside to see which fastener is blowing bubbles. just an idea...good luck
Old 02-29-2012

Dani8 is on a distinguished road
Yorktown

Hi Guys,
We have a Yorktown 33 and are having it surveyed tomorrow. Hoping for a good outcome but we have some issues.

The hull deck seam has a couple of leaks
The windows/port lights leaks

There are no electronics on the boat
and the lazarette lids are crazy, if you have a Yorktown, I would love it if you posted pictures of how you have finished her and how you have dealt with the lazzarette issues.

I have redone the upholstery for the settee and for the V birth have yet to do the the quarter birth. Repainted the bilge and cut new carpet for the floor and painted that as well.

We also have an issue with the companion way hatch.
Attached Thumbnails
Yorktown-012.jpg   Yorktown-1215111325b.jpg   Yorktown-1220111408.jpg  
Old 03-29-2012

Dani8 is on a distinguished road
Re: Another Yorktown 35 owner

we have a yorktown 33 and we are having issues with the stanchions, could you post a picture of what you have please?