SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Other Brands (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/other-brands/)
-   -   Yorktown (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/other-brands/55922-yorktown.html)

shieek 07-04-2009 09:59 PM

Yorktown

Hello ... Just got into a 35' Yorktown that seems very nice but getting conflicting stories from the web ... any Yorktown owners out there?

Bellita 07-15-2009 02:52 PM

Another Yorktown 35 owner

Hi, yes I own a Yorktown 35 as well. Bought it in really rough shape and am "improving her" while she sits on the hard in VA to bring it down to PR in November. We can take the conversation off the board if you wish.

Superpickle 12-21-2009 02:40 PM

Well, maybee we would like to Hear/read it too.. :p

PJo 01-05-2010 11:44 AM

I bought the :) Invictus a 35' Yorktown center cockpit sloop December 2009. She went through four months of renovations. All systems inspected, new rigging, blocks, lines, hylards, hull, mast & deck paint, bottom painting, power distribution panels and electrical lines, plumbing in the galley and head, VHS radios, cockpit navagation station before we were able to sail her and once we did, it was simply an amazing sail. People around the Marina have told us how wonderful she looks on the water, "not like any other Yorktown they've ever seen". She's nice and roomy inside. Of course, there is still work to be done but we're taking it a bit slower and enjoying the water. :)

Superpickle 01-05-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJo (Post 556961)
I bought the :) Invictus a 35' Yorktown center cockpit sloop December 2009. She went through four months of renovations. All systems inspected, new rigging, blocks, lines, hylards, hull, mast & deck paint, bottom painting, power distribution panels and electrical lines, plumbing in the galley and head, VHS radios, cockpit navagation station before we were able to sail her and once we did, it was simply an amazing sail. People around the Marina have told us how wonderful she looks on the water, "not like any other Yorktown they've ever seen". She's nice and roomy inside. Of course, there is still work to be done but we're taking it a bit slower and enjoying the water. :)

:confused: no PICs :(

PJo 01-05-2010 01:19 PM

Invictus - Yorktown 35'

2 Attachment(s)
Here are two of my favorites. The 1st sail returning from Catalina Islands and Winning the Marina Del Rey Boat Parade. :)

shieek 01-31-2010 12:00 PM

Have a quick question ... I know these were primarily kit boats so the specs will vary but Daybreak has a 12' beam and a 6 foot keel and I'm trying to get an approximate weight on her for a transport company ... any ideas/educated guesses?

Bellita 01-31-2010 02:52 PM

mine is an aft cockpit and weighs in at 16,500 lbs.

shieek 01-31-2010 06:58 PM

Thanks for the info, I'm sure mine is similar ... How're the "improvements" coming. Mine is stalled right now as the motor seems to enjoy breaking connecting rod bolts (Penta MD11C) .. working on a replacement but wish I'd been smart and just repowered her in the first place... Cheers! :hammer

trlrtrsh 01-24-2011 02:26 AM

Hello all Yorktown Owners. I just purchased a 39' center cockpit built in 79-80. I have been busy on it and am making some progress, and trying to get some day sailing in when I can. The Boat was formally owned by people who took reasonably good care of it. I have replaced most of the electronics, and upgraded to a intigrated system That is quite an improvement over the old. The sails are good, Roller furling jib with about 110 jib, and a new Head Sail. I converted the head to an electric one, and am currently redoing the shower compartment. The boat is powered by a Lehman 4 cylinder 50hp deisel.
I had the boat pulled out and worked on the bottom replacing/adding thru hull transducers.
I really like the boat, but need to get out more to learn it's capabilities. This is my first Sail Boat, and I have limited experience, took ASA sailing in mid 80's. I try to get experienced crew to go out with me, and have been lucky so far.
For a 30yo boat I think she's in very good shape. There are some systems that don't work as advertised, but most of those I have tracked down to short cuts, or failure to do a complete job by previous owners. The boat is a Mexico Vet. and I think very seaworthy and dry.
I have the original owners manual and the boat was one that was originally built at the factory, not a kit boat.
I am looking to chatting with other Yorktown owners, and answer any questions if I can about the boat