Why can't you just anchor out there. Dutch Island Harbor has fairly good holding IIRC. What kind of anchor do you have on Mystery?? Cuttyhunk's a good anchorage and fairly sheltered, but a bit of a slog for you if you're needing to rest up.
The winds are supposed to shift to the North or Northeast and where you are now sucks in a northerly wind. I'd highly recommend you head over to Wickford, which should be a relatively short trip and offers a very protected anchorage. It is only about 6 NM northwest of you, on the western shore of the west channel.
coastal waters from montauk ny to block island ri to marthasvineyard ma to nantucket ma southeast to 20 nm-428 pm edt wed may 27 2009
.tonight...s winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming e late. seas 2 to 3 ft.
a slight chance of rain until just after midnight... then a
chance of rain late. patchy fog late. vsby 1 to 3 nm late.
.thu...ne winds 10 to 15 kt. seas 4 to 6 ft. a chance of rain
with areas of drizzle in the morning...then areas of drizzle in
the afternoon. patchy fog in the morning with vsby 1 to 3 nm.
.thu night...ne winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming e 5 to 10 kt after
midnight. seas 4 to 6 ft. areas of drizzle.
.fri...e winds around 10 kt...becoming s in the afternoon. seas
3 to 5 ft. a chance of showers in the morning... then a chance of
showers and tstms in the afternoon.
.fri night...sw winds around 15 kt...becoming w after midnight.
gusts up to 20 kt. seas 4 to 5 ft. a chance of showers and tstms
in the evening...then a chance of showers after midnight.
.sat...w winds around 10 kt...becoming sw in the afternoon. seas
3 to 5 ft.
.sat night...sw winds 10 to 15 kt. seas 3 to 5 ft.
.sun...sw winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt...becoming w
after midnight. seas 3 to 5 ft.
.mon...sw winds 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. seas 3 to
winds and seas higher in and near tstms.
As for trying to make Redbrook Harbor on Friday, you're probably better off waiting a bit...since Friday is supposed to be easterly winds... and makes getting there a beat... Friday night and Saturday will be Westerly and Southwesterly winds, which makes getting to Red Brook Harbor much simpler.
I'd point out that trying to make the Cape Cod Canal with the winds from the South to the west can be rather challenging.
BTW, I'll be down in Fairhaven/New Bedford tomorrow and Friday morning, as well as probably most of Saturday and Sunday, so if you're around, I'd love to meet up.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)
If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.