SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

How you know your boat was built in the '70s

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  ne57301 
#1 ·
Avocado green formica!

My P30 had a green drop-table in the saloon and green countertop in the head. The galley was also green from the factory, I'm sure, but had been redone in white by a previous owner.

I think I've got pictures somewhere; I'll have to dig them up and scan them for your viewing pleasure.

Sorry for the silly thread, thought I'd try to help get some action going in the P30 forum.

Anybody else's P30 come with a '70s color scheme?

#7 ·
salon drop table formica

I cracked it while trying to rebuild the table. :cool: dang it. The hinges were bolted on, not screwed on, and the nuts were underneath the formica. (everywhere else, they used screws where I woulda thru-bolted - go figger)

So, anyone know of a dealer who delivers via a time machine??

LOL !

#18 ·
I cracked it while trying to rebuild the table. :cool: dang it. The hinges were bolted on, not screwed on, and the nuts were underneath the formica. (everywhere else, they used screws where I woulda thru-bolted - go figger)

So, anyone know of a dealer who delivers via a time machine??

LOL !
I've got a white table if you're interested. I made a teak one with a bookcase for Rita P.

#13 ·
Thanks. She's about the only investment that I've got left that's not going through the floor. Think I'll rename her "Blue Chip".
With respect to your 70's comments above, I used to own a 70's Bristol that had pastel blue and yellow inside and plexiglass doors brown in color with a lovely swirl design in it. :) She was a great boat.

#14 ·
Showing my ignorance here, but what are the make and model of your "old shoe"?

I can't stop looking at the picture. ;)

#17 ·
If you want to know when your P-30 was built , look on the right side of the transon for a series of numbers and letters. Those will give you the actual date when the boat was commissioned. If there are none there the boat is prior to 1973 when all boats were mandated by law to carry the serial no's etc there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.