SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   P30 (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/p30/)
-   -   Where are the old P30 archives? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/p30/55386-where-old-p30-archives.html)

jrmaxwell 06-16-2009 12:48 PM

Where are the old P30 archives?

There was a very active P30 community on Sailnet for several years, if not longer. Messages could be accessed on a bulletin board like this one and they could be sent to your email address. As far as I know, Sailnet took down the email feature a year or so ago and I lost track. Does anyone know if the archives still exist somewhere? There were thousands of postings on a wide variety of P30 issues and ideas. It would be a shame if they were lost.

I sent the same request to Sailnet a week or two ago and did not receive a reply.

SEMIJim 06-16-2009 01:08 PM

TTBOMK they're gone. SN management may have them on disk, somewhere, but the archives, the server they were on, the software that organized/displayed them: All long gone.

Yeah, it annoyed me mightily when they did that. To add insult-to-injury: Absolutely no notice whatsoever. I almost started-up a new P30 mailing list on my own (actually have the software running and ready-to-go), when I found that everybody had already pretty-much migrated over to the Pearson mailing list on Yahoo!.

That was a very valuable P30 resource. Now gone.

Jim

CLucas 06-16-2009 02:36 PM

P30 list archives

Giys,
The Sailnet P30 list archive is available here. You can also get to it using the main navigation: Resources>Email List Archives. I share your sentiment -- it's a terrific resource -- too bad the archives are 'read only'.

SEMIJim 06-16-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLucas (Post 497069)
Giys,
The Sailnet P30 list archive is available here. You can also get to it using the main navigation: Resources>Email List Archives.

I stand corrected. Thanks, CLucas!

Quote:

I share your sentiment -- it's a terrific resource -- too bad the archives are 'read only'.

I'd be more than happy to host a P30 mailing list, but I don't have the disk space to maintain archives, is the only problem.

Hmmm... I bet I know somebody that might be willing. If there's interest, I'll ask.

Jim

wheelhouse 06-21-2009 09:15 AM

wonder what it would take to create the archive-users to support the archived forums, and migrate the data to the new system?

jrmaxwell 07-23-2009 03:28 PM

Yahoo P30 board is a mess

I looked at the Yahoo Pearson 30 board. The one I found appears to be completely over-run by spam for the last year or so. Certainly not something I would want to automatically send to my email. It appears to have driven most legitimate users away. Too bad.

Loki9 10-23-2011 01:05 AM

Quote:

Giys,
The Sailnet P30 list archive is available here. You can also get to it using the main navigation: Resources>Email List Archives. I share your sentiment -- it's a terrific resource -- too bad the archives are 'read only'.

Did anyone save this archive? It seems to be gone again and as a new P30 owner, I'd like to read through it.